Heli Loggers...

• Thread starter fishhuntcutwood
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 7K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just watched the third episode (got it online, only one I could find)..

On Youtube, or on TLC.com? I'm not seeing it, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place...

No I downloaded it from a site. If anyone wants a link they could PM me.

Well my DVR caught it last night. Still pretty cool. They've got a chick helo pilot on there now. Pretty good episode.

Saw a commercial for the new season of AxMen starting March 2. This year AxMen is going to add a few operations- a heli logging company in MT and a sunken lake logging company somewhere. We'll see how it goes...

Watched it last night. Man what a bunch of hygradin mofo's. Talk about a sweet deal, the logger gets to mark his own trees, only the clear logs are flown out. I'm sure some of it is staged, there is no way a guy thats skookum enough to run that kind of side is going to mark trees without sounding them to see if they are hollow. Yellow Cedar, $$$ trees. Also, whats up with trying to dump a snag with a 200?

The 200 is their workhorse it seems. They're topping these things with them. Andy and I were discussing this a few posts back. In the first show one guy had a Husky with a 28" up a tree, but since then they've been topping (30"+ at the cut) everything with the 200. It's a regular timber saw now! lol But seeing that "clawing" technique of going from tree to tree, I can see why they don't take a 372 or 440 up with them.

But I saw them on the stump with the 2 200's stuck. They usually put proper saws into the stumps, mostly 660's, but the first few shows they seemed to use mostly Husky's.

They must have come to their senses. ;):P

I still cringe thinking about that kid wailing on the poor 200 with his axe!!!!!!

Yeah, about the only time they pull out a big saw, I think they were all 660's last night. Is when they are "jigging"!

I've got the latest episode if anyone wants it they can PM me.

Back