Hearing protection

After seeing that, I was wondering if you couldn't just take the guts out of a regular muff, leave the foam ring, and use earplugs under it.

I usually forget them, unless I’m working with Frankie. Insanely loud saws, like physically painful to be around without protection.
These are comfy for me.
40A9D5DC-2BFF-4219-966C-B0E2595BC821.jpeg

You use regular saws without protection Jonny? I can't take my Stihls without something over my ears, and I wouldn't even want to spend a day cutting with my (mildly)muffler modded cs400.

I wear ear plugs/muffs around most anything loud. If I’m making more than one or two cuts with a skilsaw I’ll put them in. Lawn mower, weed eater, chain saw, shooting, you name it. I use what folks used to call “military” ear plugs, and if I’ve got my pants on, there’s a pair in my pocket. And I keep spares in the truck as I’ve had a limb knock one out before. They’re color-coded…small/green, medium/orange, large/blue. I have some of each, but mediums fit me best, and the orange makes it easier to find one if/when you drop it. I have learned to adjust them over the 36 years I’ve been wearing them. I can insert them lightly for mild noise, push them in firmer for normal loud noise (most saws, etc), or I can really press them in if running a ported saw or one whose muffler has seen better days.

Vanguard Ear Plugs with Chain and Case

Last edited:
Back