Happy Evacuation Day!!

OTGBOSTON

punk in drublic
Its not what is sounds like;) Its the day the British were booted from the 'Bean and conveniently always lands on St. Paddy's Day! One of the made up holidays that I enjoy as a Municipal worker in this great commonwealth. (Bunker Hill day is in June)

The festivities begin tonight with The Dropkick Murphys playing at the IBEW union hall, they'll be playing all over the City the entire weekend. I've got tix for 2 shows. Lots of people have parties, corned beef and cabbage, green beer, Guinness, general drunken debauchery. Big parade on Sunday, and Monday off to sleep off the hangover.

How (or do) you treehousers celebrate St. Pad...er Evacuation Day?

Its not what is sounds like;) Its the day the British were booted from the 'Bean and conveniently always lands on St. Paddy's Day! One of the made up holidays that I enjoy as a Municipal worker in this great commonwealth. (Bunker Hill day is in June)

The festivities begin tonight with The Dropkick Murphys playing at the IBEW union hall, they'll be playing all over the City the entire weekend. I've got tix for 2 shows. Lots of people have parties, corned beef and cabbage, green beer, Guinness, general drunken debauchery. Big parade on Sunday, and Monday off to sleep off the hangover.

How (or do) you treehousers celebrate St. Pad...er Evacuation Day?

I'll be playing DKM on my computer since I am a wee bit far away to come rock out in Bean Town. Green Beer, Leprechaun Bombs, and Irish Car Bombs shall flow like a moutain stream. Tomorrow morning, I'm shaving my head for charity, and then the rest of the weekend...???

No Murphy's in person for me this year, but definitley plenty of corned beef and bee-ah!

uhm, I'll be working. I did have two Guinness last night and I went to an irish pub today for Guinness crab corn chowder with a big cob salad. Two more Guinness in the fridge for tonight. :D

Sounds like a good weekend!

I went on a local Pub crawl a few years ago in pats day, they (the local Bar) rented a schoolbus and carted 50 people around all day and night. It was pretty funny seeing the looks on peoples faces when 50 drunks piled into their lil watering hole.:what:

We crowded some smaller joints out untill people couldnt get to the barfroom, one place even made us go and drink in the bus, but they did send a waitress out for take out and munchies.

The fun ended early when the cops showed up at one stop cause we were mooning boats on the river from the landing behind the bar.

I think it is a really fun holiday. I don't do anything but the kids used to celebrate it at school. Everyone around here considers themselves to be honorary Irishmen for the day.

I was at a fundraiser for the new high school lacrosse team that I'm coaching. I drank them out of Guiness, which was disappointing.

I'm all cool with Paddy's day... but I ain't drinkin' no green beer.

Mike, ya getting a delivery from your buddy? =D

I'm all cool with Paddy's day... but I ain't drinkin' no green beer.

Mike, ya getting a delivery from your buddy? =D

I have to go tomorrow and pick up a couple of cases of the Quinn's. It will be gone by the end of the day I'm sure. ( their supply, not mine:D)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
'09

So the festivities this year are beginning tonight with DKM at the new House of Blues....

By the time evacuation day actually gets here I'll be ready for detox:|:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5NiYqp8HoM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J5NiYqp8HoM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Having a few neighbors over for a bash tomorrow. Lot's of beer and corned beef. Maybe some Jameson as well.

Back