Hang over?

When I fight wildland fire I am usually working for the State, locals, BLM or Forest Service, and sometimes BIA. They all pretty much adhere to a 3:1 water to electrolyte ratio. Three bottles of water to one bottle of what ever electrolyte drink you want. Salt is not the only thing your body needs after working all day. We will drink two to three gallons of water a day and not pee, but the electrolytes help ward off fatigue and cramps.

Not feeling well after water isnt OD'ing on water. Thats filling your stomach too much. You'll know for sure if you OD on water. We will lose our mod/site owner. :big-sweat:

Its all a balance I think. Not too much of anything, but enough to keep one safe. Im prioritizing electrolytes this summer. I actually started today after reading this thread last night. I want to make an effort towards ensuring I take in electrolytes and see how I feel. I sort of just guzzle water all day and want to break that habit.

Coconut water, hits the spot any time of day, for me. Its light too, you can down a can and not even feel it.

Prefer Heineken. I bought some Coconut water this weekend for my daughter with a raging fever. She hated it and so did I. My helper drinks it often, I do not think I will be although all reports look good.

You've got to work hard to OD in water. I know it can happen, but I really dont think its easy to do by accident.

Tucker is right. Play 4-4-2 one day. Your body will fight real hard to keep the sober brain from taking in too much water.

Greetings all, first up I just wanted to say that this is a good place that you have going here-nice work.
I notice some hangover type effects after big days and have just concluded that it must be a combination of factors. The ones that spring to mind for my working environment are dehydration, 2 stroke fumes, fatigue, heat stress, dust inhalation, mental fatigue, noise pollution. I'm pretty sure this combination will vary for most people. Preventative measures that I use are attempting to live as cleanly as possible for the most part and powdered electrolytes mixed with water each day.

Chris

Back