Hang over?

Welcome. Sounds like a natural way of living.

I on the other hand combat any kind of extra stresses on the body by constantly pushing myself to the limit in all regards of body/mental/fatigue stress. Work, play, pizza, beer. You name it, I'm gonna overdue it. Lol.

Thanks fellas,

Butch from memory I googled "arborist forum" and then scrolled down the page a bit past arboristsite.com...

Im a novice climber so I wont have much to contribute to the forum in technical terms however I will still be here nonetheless, a lurker some may say...

Chris

I have mentioned this before somewhere. I drink lots of water some gator aid but the thing that does it for me is "switchel" or ginger water. It is made by the gallon using Apple cider vinegar (1-1 1/2 cups), sugar(to taste) and ginger (teaspoon or less). I always eat two bananas a day, a large glass of water before bed and one before work. So far in Florida I have not found myself suffering from dehydration.
I know many of you may look at the ingredients and instantly say yuk but try it you may like it.
After all grandma knows best;)

Water isn't enough. You need an electrolyte replacement, and I'm not talking about Gatoraid. I use a generic version, Parent's Choice, about a buck cheaper than the brand name stuff. When it's really hot, I'll drink a liter before leaving the house, and I'll have another liter in my cooler. It's a $7 a day habit, but it keeps me from cramping up 'n shit

Butch, Thanks a lot for this. I went from massive cramping one day to almost no cramping the next time I climbed after drinking two bottles of the type of drinks you recommended. I tried both the name brand stuff and my local supermarket's own version. The list of ingredients was almost exactly the same and they tasted exactly the same. I found there to be no difference in end result between the name brand and the substitute, and the substitute was less than half the price of the name brand.

When I ate two bananas at the end of the day in addition to drinking two bottles of the electrolyte, I had absolutely no cramping up at all. What a difference this suggestion makes in my quality of life. Thanks again, so much.

Tim

Yessir! Butch knows what it takes to survive a hot, I mean HOT, work environment. He's the guru for this stuff.

Except I think I've just gotten too old to take this heat any longer, no matter what I do. I just might be done with treework...

:(

It's really the humidity, not the heat so much. When they both get in the 90's, that's getting too hot.

Have you ever felt 98% humidity when it's 95 degrees?

No, sounds grim. I hate the heat, well, being honest I hate all weather except a nice clear frosty morning which warms up to a clear bright fresh day, followed by a big cheque.

Just picture yourself all geared up and climbing in a sauna... and I'm NOT exaggerating. It's horrible!

I think we all think that at this time of year in the northern hemisphere, we'll get through it somehow.
It gets to 95 100 here a couple of weeks of the year. Not too much humidity though.
This year I'm just going to delay the work. It'll wait

Humidity is the killer. Dry heat isn't nearly so hot.

I really had that driven home at a resort that my wife and I like to go to. They have seven or eight different saunas, about half dry and half wet and they show the humidity and temp.

It's really the humidity, not the heat so much. When they both get in the 90's, that's getting too hot.

Have you ever felt 98% humidity when it's 95 degrees?
We get that here Boss, not as often as you do but we can get weeks on end of it.
Last year we had 110 F just before a thunderstorm , now that was muggy...I could see the air move in waves.

If anyone should complain it should be us Manitobans....50 below one moment and a few months later 110 above.

I did my sergeant's course in Shilo, I thought the Army specially ordered the unbearable swings in weather.....

I did my sergeant's course in Shilo, I thought the Army specially ordered the unbearable swings in weather.....
The mosquitos didn't help either I beat:D
During WWII there was a German prisoner of war camp just a short drive up north of Shilo at Riding Mountain National Park. These guys had to harvest and process old growth white spruce for the park. Stories go that some of them couldn't handle the work and just wandered off into the wilderness to die.

Gotta respect the pioneers and first nations people who lived close to the land back in the day........had to be tough and no whining:rockhard:

No they just died, guards would just follow their tracks in the snow and find them miles away frozen solid in the 30 below chill.
Probably worse then Alcatraz for escaping.

Curious if anyone else experiences headaches, nausea or whatever after a long day in the trees on the following day?
I guess it's adrenaline overload and the associated. H20 deficit
, low salts, sugar, maybe mental fatigue from hours of focus.
Anybody with anything to add
, share or recommend?

I never suffer from any of the aforementioned symptoms. However, here in England Arborists are natural born athletes and not prone to fickle ailments.

Also, when the weather is really tough, I find that 2 extra ice cubes in my rum helps keep the body running like a dream!

Back