Gun carry

are yall really that skeered? I mean....every time I have traveled, climbing or whatever, I never though about carrying a gun. are things that sketchy in your neck of the woods? no offense....it's cool if you wanna pack heat.

Skeered? Nope.

I carry because it's my right, and I don't fight fair.

even nunchuks require a permit in MA. you need a permit for for a double edged knife also I think they refer to it as a dangerous weapons permit

Guns here, you might as well be walking around with a friggen A bomb strapped to your chest. It's so dam@ stupid...and now they just passed a new one limiting the length of knives that can be carried. Idiots!

It s VERY VERY hard to get concealed carry permit that is good across state lines

Not for much longer, Obama is working on a CCP that works like your drivers license. Good anywhere in the U.S.

That would be good. But States like Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and California won't agree to it unless other states bring up the requirements to match the most stringent states.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great responses here no doubt.
I will have it very close by during the eveings and nights.Its way easy to kick in the door of a RV.
Im bringing my 9 mill and i dont give a shit about any law.
I look like Mr Clean anyhow and honestly that goes along way.
But i can shoot better .

John , have you been to red rocks.
Its plain scary out there at night.

Yeah id rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.

Congress did pass the CCW valid in National parks provision....and a pissant judge has granted an injunction against it untill it is tried in a higher court.
Colorado has a reciprocity agreement with TN-your permit would be valid here.
In NM it is settled law that the automobilke is an extension of one's home and thus carrying a weapon in the vehicle is a matter of right. Many states do NOT extend the castle doctrine to vehicles.....motorhomes complicate things sine they are demonstrably one's dwelling as well as being motor vehicles.
I'd get that CCW permit , carry and not pull anything out unless you really NEED to.

There was a vote today in Congress that failed to make legal to carry concealed guns across state line as long as the owner of said gun had a permit in their home state.

Why some folks feel naked without a gun on their person is beyond me. I can only imagine that they were tormented by bullies in school or something. If a gun makes you feel tough, you probably shouldn't have one because you'll do something stupid eventually. What is that line about "if you have a hammer then everything starts looking like a nail?"

I know a lot of folks who have guns, respect them and don't have withdrawal symptoms if they are not packing them with them 24/7. They are the folks who don't scare me.

Darin, Today's failed vote does not nullify the reciprocity agreements of various states. Its purpose was to make those agreements unnecessary and compell gunhating states and municipalities to honor the permits of visitors. While I wish that permits were honored in every jurisdiction ,from a constitutional standpoint the federal imposition would have been bad law.......but then from a constitutional standpoint the entire concept of a permit to carry a gun is repugnant.

FWIW, some of us who carry guns around don't do so because we are terrified... we do it so as to be prepared to protect the innocent from terrorists and predators but hope we never need to do so.

You carrying a gun does not bother me Justin. Carl carrying a gun does not bother me. There are others who have not shaken off childish visions of being the hero that do scare me. Folks who offer up their willingness to shoot if needed as some sort of proof of manhood. Those folks worry me.

Our county sheriff told me that if you are packing and there is some sort of confrontation that you had better do everything reasonable in your power to diffuse the situation, and of course do nothing that would elevate the situation. That it's a responsibility that comes with the CCW permit. I don't want the responsibility of packing myself.

Our county sheriff told me that if you are packing and there is some sort of confrontation that you had better do everything reasonable in your power to diffuse the situation, and of course do nothing that would elevate the situation. That it's a responsibility that comes with the CCW permit. I don't want the responsibility of packing myself.

The ultimate in responsibility. If you exercise this right you better have one cool head and be able to let 99% of things role off your back. If you can't do this you have no reason to carry a gun. You can't pull your gun just because some yahoo just insulted your wife.

Ha ,if somebody insulted my wife it's not me they have to worry about . That old gal could pick them up and spit in their ass .:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would only use a gun if my life or that of my wifes was in danger.
And id feel really bad if i was out in the middle of no where and some bad dudes came up and started some shit.
Then , i try and fight they pummel me to a pulp and rape and kill my wife.
Id feel pretty worthless and some of the camp grounds are the worst places to attract useless thugs.
Its happened many many times in National parks that people have been murderd and worse.
I would hope that i would be able to defend myself and my life against some sorry SOB's
And an ace in the hole is not a bad thing to have .

I'm thinking that even with protection, it is worth trying to get information about the safer places to camp, start precautions from the get-go. Presumably, some spots are safer than others?

Yea I probably just wouldn't camp anywhere like that if I could at all avoid it.

The thing to be careful of is all the little laws that aren't directly gun related that vary so much state by state and city by city. For example, Connecticut has a retreat clause: you're supposed to retreat to diffuse the situation before you start bangin' off rounds. I'm not saying I agree with it or would ever consider following it, I'm saying its stupid little laws like this that put self defenders in jail and keep thugs on the street. I do like that rather be carried by 12 quote though, I'm surprised I've never seen it on a bumper.

Back