Grcs truck mount

Riversarb

Prospect
Hi does anyone know If when you buy a truck mount .you basically get a whole back plate included ?

Looks like it, although its worth noting the one pictured on SHerrills site doesnt have the new pigtails, only the old U fairleads.

media.nl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah and I can't see how you can fit the normal baseplate to the hitch ?

I cant wait to see it. I would go a bit overboard on attaching the log to the reese hitch. torsion, pull, bending, pushing, lots of variables to consider. Going bigger wont hurt.

Heck, just get a 5" diameter piece of black gas pipe 24" long. Cost you $40 give or take, then weld that on to the frame of the Reese hitch. I dont see why the GRCS wouldn't ratchet onto that. You might weld some horizontal bead onto the pipe for texture.

You have to get it cut at a supply house, no threads. A ready threaded nipple of 5" pipe will cost you a fortune.

Our local scrap yard has gobs of large diameter pipe scrap, cheaper that way

We just ours every once in a while. I bet we have used ours 3 or 4 times since we have had it. It was excellent and well worth the effort to have one made up. I am glad we have it even though it sits under the work bench most days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely. If I had $3000 tied up in my GRCS I sure wouldnt want to not be able to use it when I needed it.

Of course I never have needed to attach ours to a truck, nor do our trucks have reese hitches, so... I am not sure how much I would pay for one but I figure you could have it made up pretty cheap...

Is anybody actually using the truck mount? I can't really see a need for it.

It is handy to have around but it is not something you would use to often. I made my own mount using some square tubingand an old mounting plate. It comes in handy if your working by yourself for pulling over trees and pulling small stumps. We used it last year to winch a Willow tree up a small bank that had fallen into a pond. My one truck with mount was the only thing that could get close to that Willow due to wet ground conditions and all the small trees and brush growing everywhere. With the drill set-up and a 3 to 1 rig made quick easy work out of that willow. Much faster and easier than using come-alongs.

Back