Grafitti

cory

Tree House enthusiast
My chip truck was graffitied by, I'm guessing, some little yuppie punk wanna-be gang banger 3 weeks ago when it was parked overnight on a job in a nice neighborhood. Long story short, I found that lacquer remover takes it off pretty well, and the truck finish was left pretty much entact. Luckily he just defaced the box, not the cab .

Just FYI should it ever happen to you THers.

Well that sucks! Glad you were able to clean it off. Fresh paint will usually clean off easier than well cured paint.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's pretty time consuming to take it off, but it does work.

That's for sure.

A friend of mine who helped me with the situation just got his pistol permit. I was daydreaming about what it would be like if I had a permit and a pistol and I caught them in the act...but then I realized I couldn't really do a damn thing about it without subjecting myself to alot of jail time!

Yeah, couldn't very well shoot the guy, but would be fun to narrow it down and figure out who it was. Maybe they got a vehicle that's in need of a half assed paint job in a very gay color.
Are your local competitors above such an act?

Are your local competitors above such an act?

I definetly think it was a punk kid; have noticed the same initials that were on my truck on stop signs etc in town. :/:

He left his initials? Not a very smart one, shouldn't be too hard to find now.

He left his intials and the # 2012, which the cop thought probably was the year he's gonna graduate from highschool....so, I know his age and initials and the part of town he probably lives in...now what?? The cops could prob. find out but it's not worth their effort...although with the stopsigns etc getting tagged, maybe it should be.

In Copenhagen the cops keep a file of the different tags. That way, when they finally catch one of the little f...... in the act, they can get him for all the paintjobs he has initialled.

Unfortunately cops are not very usefull on crimes that aren"t big enough to suit their ego. Some friends of mine got robbed of some catalytic converters-about 50 bucks apiece. They put up a vidio camera and got it on tape. A green Metro Geo with a white bumper sticker. No license plate visible. How many green Metro Geos you think have a white bumper sticker. Cops did nothing.

Stealing catalytic converters (CATS) is a booming business. They get far more than 50 bucks for them around here.
Dash in with a cordless sawz-all. Someone hit a car dealership not to far from me...

There are several different types of cats. Some are worth quite a bit more than others. And they weigh them to see how much is left of them. Sometimes all the platinum is burned out of them. If you chop them off a newer vehicle they are worth top dollar. These were off junkers so they were lower dollar.

Probably good that you didn't catch the spray paint artist red handed. 'Cause if you had, you woulda battered him, painted him with his own paint.........and then been arrested yourself! Screwed up as that is.

Stealing catalytic converters (CATS) is a booming business. They get far more than 50 bucks for them around here.
Dash in with a cordless sawz-all. Someone hit a car dealership not to far from me...

I've noticed, in reading on other web boards, that Toyota pickups seem to be the most popular for theives.

What was that movie where the guy catches a kid spray graffiti on something and he takes the can and starts spraying the kids face. I think the Hong Kong punishment is appropriate.

I think some of the bad architecture looks better with graffiti.

The cops won't do anything, so if I caught a teenager tagging my shop, I'd strip them naked, keep their clothes, then tell them to get their ass home.

Back