Google +

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Google's version of Facebook, Twitter etc rolled in to one platform, the next best way to slice bread.

Methinks you need an invite from a user MB, its still in beta mode, do you have a gmail address?

I've had access to it for about a month now, and I'm just finally getting it set up. If Paul runs out of invites(providing there is a limit to them still), I should have some as well.

Whut is it?

It's Big Brother Google.

He knows what you type, what you like to look for but won't let you watch youtube videos without joining. http://gigaom.com/video/no-more-youtube-without-google-accounts/

It's worse than George ever imagined. :\:

images

I have a gmail server with my own domain name. I dont care if big brother wants to watch me. If he can bear to read all the drivel I post on teh interwebs, he deserves to know.

I have used gmail for our business account for several years...very easy to use, easy to search mail, good spam filters, etc.

Something about with a gmail account you can call a land based phone line for free via your computer speaker? I haven't looked into it.

there is Google chat Jay, similar to Skype. It is integrated within the Gmail console via your browser when you are logged in to Gmail. I use iGoogle as a homepage, it allows you to place small windows of usefullness into one page where you can click them to view them in their entirety at your leisure.

Back