Good Morning!

Around here, I find there's usually a 10-15 minute break in traffic at about 7:50 and again at 8:50. Not huge but noticable if you pay attention to such things. I always try to hit that window whenever I'm heading towards downtown in the morning and it makes a big difference.

Also in the late afternoons traffic virtually disappears after 6:45. If I need to give a bid I try to do it at 7pm, after traffic and well before dark.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm up. Time to shower then sharpen saws. Today is that speedline job. My toys are here and I am ready to go.

Met the guys in the yard at 6, got them off to Queens to knock over 1 Colorado blue spruce on a construction site. I then went back home to bed for a couple of hours. Got to meet them on a pruning job around the corner from me in an hour or so and then have 4 bids to look at......not a bad Monday.

Off to do my ivy covered tree of hell job. I found a free place to bring the wood, only 5 min. away. I'm happy

I've been up since 8 guys.Iknow i sound lazy but no one calls before 9 around here.My buisness hours are from 7 till 7.

Ha! I just got a phone call a minute ago from a guy I used to climb for 5 years ago. His climber is in jail (again) and he was hoping I could bail him out on a big removal he needs to do today. Unfortunately he never paid me for the last day I worked for him and so therefore I am booked up for the next week.
;)

No, I reminded him about a year ago when we were both working on the same street one day. He said he was going to mail me a check but I guess he never got around to it. Oh well. I prefer working for people who pay me.

Are they associated with Gator Tree? Joe McLaughlin? His lead foreman was just murdered a couple months ago (surprise, surprise).

Theres a gator lawn and landscapeing service here in live oak.:what: hmmmm.

Brian, I would not be "booked" for a week. I would be "Unwilling to work for you_______because you didn't pay me.".....
" Very well, here is what it will take for me to 'help you out'. Either Hell must freeze over, or you will first pay me what you owe me and you will pay me IN ADVANCE , IN CASH, 150 % of my normal day rate."

Not that I know of...but do tell, murdered? :what:

The only information I have is second hand, supposedly his Jamacian climber shot him after a disagreement over a winning lottery ticket (or some such nonsense).

Anyway, this morning there is a low pressure system sitting over us and it has been raining steadily for the last 5-6 hours. Today's job was cancelled so I went down and renewed all my license tags (they expire next month). My pickup, boat, trailer and utility trailer all together cost $98 for the year. That's less than the bucket truck by itself! (bucket truck expires 12/31, not my birthday)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning is here and so is the rain. I lose very few days to rain in Boise but this is going to be one of them. We need to change the blades on the chipper and do some other maintenance. I also have a few bids to do before I sneak away for a three day weekend to the mountains.

Back