good deal on a 600' rope

Winter is coming Pete, are you sure you want to spend the money on a non essential item?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good point Darin....it will be in the shop till next year.

I went on a big spending spree in late November last year and all that new gear sat in my garage and stared at me all winter. I can't be sure but I think that gear was calling me an idiot when my back was turned.

:lol: You crack me up Brett!

Pete - that line is uncoated double braid, which means it will be less abrasion resistant than a normal arbo-line. It isn't a real big deal, but using it in natural crotch rigging will ruin it pretty fast.

I thought that was pretty clever too.

I was aware of not having the coating, but thought it would see little use and of course would use blocks and such to help with the wear. Also the added benefit of having the eye splice should also help. I've never had a eye splice on a rope so it will be a treat. Need to learn, just can't stand to pay for the splices.

An eye splice on a long line is a good thing to have for rigging. It will allow you to set a block & retrieve it without climbing.

Though 5/8s or 3/4 would be better for that. Dont worry about not being coated. Just be sure you use a block.
It appears to be a pretty good buy.

There main business is construction. Suppling lines and pulling equipment to the electrical construction industry.

I bought the rope. I hope it will come into play. Big difference in the coating. Seems like it's pretty soft. Although the handling is alot better, it's not stiff at all. I will prob. just cut it in half and use it and see how long it lasts.

I think that hkaving 600 feet of rope just lying aroung for random use is a great Idea. and if you can that kinda deal I would; jump on it for sure. you could find a thousand uses for it.

Back