Fuel prices

You also have to look at vehicle longevity. Back in the day 100k mile truck was on borrowed time, and ready for the junkyard. It's double that today. Yea, stuff was easier to fix, and the average gearhead could do it themselves in a backyard garage, but parts still cost money, and time isn't free if you don't particularly want to wrench on cars.

I said efficient, not miles per gallon ;). The battery holds the equivalent energy as 2.8 gallons of gas, and with my 15k mile average consumption I could drive 280 miles on that amount of energy.... the equivalent to 100mpg.

The climate control (three zones, front seats are cooled and heated, rear seats are heated only) works fantastically. Thursday I turned the AC and seat cooler on when I was leaving the last job. With it being 90* outside, 95* heat index, the car was 55* inside, sitting in full sun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it’s kind of scary to hear people boasting about their price at the pump cost. To me it shows a blind and willful ignorance of what it actually costs to run that car and build it.

I understand the concept, Automotive makers should’ve been on this years and years ago, and I truly appreciate this cleaner energy. But I think the people that are boasting about their at the pump price are truly just ignoring the environmental cost of the batteries. Having said all that, I think hybrid engines are really the way to go. But I’ve also heard rumors that the engine itself in these vehicles is very polluting. So I really don’t know what to think

The White House again blamed Putin for the record rise in gasoline prices in the United States
on May 31, 2022
White House spokesman Jean-Pierre: Putin is to blame for the record rise in gasoline prices in the United States

The US administration blames Russian President Vladimir Putin for the record increase in gasoline prices in the United States, which has amounted to 60 percent in recent months, White House spokeswoman Karin Jean-Pierre said.
The administration considers the rise in the price of fuel, which has accelerated inflation to 40-year highs, as a consequence of the conflict in Ukraine and does not see it as its fault.
"When we talk about current gasoline prices, it's really Putin's rise in price... The fact that we have seen an increase in prices by about 60 percent over the past few months is due to the build—up (of forces)," Jean-Pierre said at a media briefing.
The United States itself refused to purchase oil in Russia against the background of a special operation in Ukraine and welcomed a similar decision made earlier by the EU countries. 05-31-2022

Maximalist, could you humour a non worldly fellow like me and tell the explanation of what and why of the special operation, either Kremlin news version or any further depth of knowledge that might have leaked out among the population?

I'm interested to hear a real perspective. Any word on whether it's the takeover of all of Ukraine, part of it or further like revoking perestroika from Poland?

If doing so puts you at risk of the no anti-Putin information law, please don't answer it's not worth a visit from those folks. take care

Bart, I think this Q may have had an answer previously in the 'War in Ukraine Thread'.

Maximalist, could you humour a non worldly fellow like me and tell the explanation of what and why of the special operation, either Kremlin news version or any further depth of knowledge that might have leaked out among the population?

I'm interested to hear a real perspective. Any word on whether it's the takeover of all of Ukraine, part of it or further like revoking perestroika from Poland?

If doing so puts you at risk of the no anti-Putin information law, please don't answer it's not worth a visit from those folks. take care
The conflict in Ukraine is an proxi war of the United States against Russia by the hands of Ukrainians. Another major economic crisis has broken out in the United States, and your Government is trying to get out of this crisis in a way that has already been tried in the United States - to unleash another war. The methods of warfare , as always, are quite mean - for example, the United States has already stolen 300 billion gold and foreign exchange reserves from Russia. This is a vivid example for other countries.

Last edited:

Bart,

I provided info on this in posts 3, 260, 261 & 268 in the "War In Ukraine" thread (which Andrey confirmed). Start there, and there are others as well:

$2.66/liter here.
Never been that high, not even in -73.

Back