French Cedar Removal

Me too, but that is somewhat beside the point.
Man, every logger should be able to grow one of those!

I Have all the other qualities needed -

Caulked boots - Check
Plaid / check shirt - Check
Large braces / suspenders - Check
MacDonald T logging hat - Check
Foul mouth language, cigar chompin', shouting, axe throwing, mean chainsaw skills, great big brass balls, all checkity check
Handlebar mustache? more Shaggy from scooby doo.... :(

Watch yo mouth kid.
I wear plaid shirts for winter logging!

Thought of you today, Willie. I wore my new carbon spurs for a Norway maple takedown, and the GRCS has been ordered from the US.
Most expensive visit I've ever had with a treehouser:lol:

Haha, just trying to stimulate our economy, guess its working. Whens your next visit?:D

One of the teachers involved posted those vid on the french arborist's forum. During the discussion, the points you raised up where shown too. But I find you are harder on the men (difficult to disagree though, many things could be done better).
The numbers on the limbs were there for planing the removal: who makes what, when, who is asked to climb for the next cut ... saved time and less misunderstanding.
They managed that all the students got an active part in the removal, climbing and cutting, not only near the chipper or with the rake.

Marc, my big problem was that the lifts were very badly done. It is easily possible with time on your side and eager climbers, to make every single pick balance perfectly. The fact that the instructors allowed the students to cut such poorly attached limbs is a bad reflection on their teaching skills.

I've done a lot of crane assisted takedowns over the years, and it looked to me like nobody really knew what they were doing on that job.

Back