Foot plates for spikes... WTB

I didn't catch the joking part. What size do you wear?

I say that because you need to use the best gear on the face of the planet. Life's too short to do otherwise.

I had linesman boots back when I started with Asplundh in '85. I went through 2 pair of the tall ones, and at least one pair of the short ones. I just didn't much care for them, and can climb rather well in my Wolverines. I'm sure the others would be better for those standoing-in-the-hooks-all-day jobs, but they aren't all that frequent, and my Wolverines are pretty comfortable to me. In answer to your query...8 1/2.

Since my whites smokejumpers, gaffs don't bother my feet at all. With past boots, my arches would hurt after awhile.

FWIW in case ya'all do not know it good linemans boots have a steel shank in the sole .In addition they have a very pronounced heel which helps keep your foot from slipping through the rungs of a ladder and breaking your leg should you need the climb ladders .

I had both the 10" size plus I think one pair of the 16" .The 10s' were nice just for general wear when I worked construction .The 16s' were strickly for pole work .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today was my first go with the foot plates and i have to admit that I kind of liked them. The was was a small Silver Maple and it only took me about 45 to remove. It will be interesting to see how they feel after a couple of hours. My new boots should be here any day so I should be a new man after that.

Back