Firewood

Yah right! I love the wood heat. I have ceramic tiling through my house and it warms right up and holds that heat. Dead of winter, no socks on and warm feet, and essentially free! Did I mention I like wood heat?:D Last weekend I cranked the stove for to long when we went out and by that night the thermostat was reading 83! Just open the windows and doors and get some fresh air. I love being able to get fresh air into the house in the winter without it costing me a fortune.

This year I've been burning some maple and so far it seems pretty decent. A long hot burn, but lots of really light ash.

It costs us less than $30 a year to heat our 2700sq ft.

Then again, it gets down to the high 50's/low 60's before the heat pump kicks on.

Well of course not ,you are in a southern climate ,doesn't really get cold down yonder . Usen's up north are not that lucky . We have to burn the fuel weather it be wood ,coal ,natural gas ,fuel oil or electric .Otherwise we would freeze to death .

The part that kinda sucks is the fact that just like our southern kidsmen we have to cool the old abode come summer time.No justice ,I tell ya . :?

Maybe it's a Canadian thing but I love winter. I love having four distinct seasons. Oh yah I do have central air though for the summer.

Oh yah I do have central air though for the summer.
See,I told you .Even the Canadins get sweltered in summer time . You can always put clothes on if you are cold .If you are too hot you can only remove just so much before you get down to bare facts ,in a manner of speakng .

Maybe it's a Canadian thing but I love winter. I love having four distinct seasons. Oh yah I do have central air though for the summer.

or maybe a PNW thing. i was messing with the wood pile today to and cant wait till the snow comes down low

Well four seasons are neat but nasty winters soon becomes a monumental pain in the backsides . With a little aging of the old bones the novelty wears off .

I like the milder winters here in the south. A foot of snow beats 4 to 5 any day.

I like the milder winters here in the south. A foot of snow beats 4 to 5 any day.
South of what ,the north pole ?

I was in that same area as you for about two years and New England winters are not what I would call mild .;) Nor are midwestern lake area winters for that matter .

Oh Lawdy I've heard about the frozen north woods in that state .I had a buddy in the navy from Rangely ,nearly on the Canadian border . Cold enough to freeze the b-- er tail off a brass monkey .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CC3DUwseZn8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CC3DUwseZn8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back