evil knievel

I had the same motorcycle/action figure toy Willie...

Ol' Evel will be missed. He was quite the showman too... He knew how to overdramatize every aspect of what he did. It made the crowds go nuts.

I remember the Snake River jump fiasco, with the rocket powered vehicle...

I also had a Evel Knievel lunch box when I was in the 3rd grade. Whish I still had it now. ;)

Gary

I was a big fan too. Had a little bike like that as well, sounds the same could do a wheelie or something if I remember right.

RIP

I remember playing with that little wheelie bike toy and jumping it over stuff the day of the Snake River Jump.

Yup... had a hand crank thingy that you would put the bike in and "wind" it up to speed, and then let it go...

Good times...

Gary

Yeah, I loved that thing.

You get too crazy twisting the crank though and you would scrape your knuckles on the floor something awefull.

I took mine to school one day and had great fun at recess making long black skid marks on the floor.......untill I got busted and sent to the principal.

Imagine the nerve of him telling me that this was no way to act in highschool.:D

Same thing happened here, I got booted out class in the 3rd grade when I was about 14 or 15.

Ah yes the one toy I always wanted and never got. I can't wait for more of you to say how much fun you had with the Evil Knievel stunt cycle. If I had gotten that cycle and the Easy Bake Oven I wouldn't be the emotionally stunted person I am today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
youd probably have baked evil and become distorted:)

Now I feel bad that I had toys... I even had dirt and rocks too.

...one of the evil rich.

Doesn't silly class envy stuff make you want to gag? Actually some of my friends had Knievel dolls-which was okay even thought they weren't all girls. I was blessed with a bicycle......but I didn't try Knievelesque stunts. Even as youngster I had a sense of risk, pain, and mortality. Evel Knievel impressed me. I thought he was stupid. I also enjoyed that marvel that Butch mentioned- The Library.

I had the same motorcycle/action figure toy Willie...

Ol' Evel will be missed. He was quite the showman too... He knew how to overdramatize every aspect of what he did. It made the crowds go nuts.

I remember the Snake River jump fiasco, with the rocket powered vehicle...

I also had a Evel Knievel lunch box when I was in the 3rd grade. Whish I still had it now. ;)

Gary

Yeah....me too! Evel Knievel Lunchbox

But I'd rather have the bike! :O

(here Darin.....toy cycle)

Thanks for being a hero to one and all Evel. You're crazy feats have made you a legend that none of us will forget. May you rest in peace.

Back