Echo cs-341

quabinclimber

TreeHouser
I picked up this saw the other day to get me through while my 192t is getting fixed. Until recently i have always ran 200T's and 192T's but I was short on cash and just needed something, so against my better judgement I picked up the Echo CS-341.

All I have to say is WOW! I must have gotten a good one because right off the start no mods or anything it blew my 192T out of the water (or tree). It wasn't as fast as the 200T but I was amazed at how well it ran for 300$! took down an 80' spruce and took off an over the house Ash leader with it.

there are a few things I don't like but overall it was great. If it holds up the test of time I will never buy a 192T again. (def like the 200T the best but can't justify it being a part time tree worker)

Dislikes:
-the gas and oil fill are opposite the 200T and most other saws. oil in the back, gas in the front. Had to label it in Sharpie so I didn't screw it up.
-the on/off switch is hard to hit without moving your hand off the rear handle.
-difficult to field strip (what I love about stihl)

I hope you have good luck with it, but keep your hopes high and your expectations low. I did the whole echo scene years ago. I was never pleased. But, you might be in luck!

I had a CS-3400 I ran for years; it certainly didn't owe me anything when it finally croaked. So far my J-Red 2139T has treated me well.

I've had two in that older design they used. The better running one got nailed by a tree and the other one got tossed across the shop.

I've got some little thing that used by a tree service for years .Nothing to brag about but it does better than some .I do have a damned good Echo weed wacker though .

My two little 360Ts do me ok and don't owe me a thing either. They will grunt through some wood if needed. Trouble I have seen with the newer Echo rear handles is dirt ingestion. Don't know if they have fixed all the filtration problems over the last couple of years. I know a couple things have new filters because of the issues though.

I used my 330-T for the first time in maybe a year, a couple weeks ago, fired up third pull on the fuel that was in it, cut what I needed (killed a 10" diameter Birch) and got put away for next time, no complaints. I dont know that I would make it a first line machine if it was my daily user but for my once in a while needs, the budget price works just fine.

i use echo for my climbing saws, have for years. no probs or complaints here. I also have a cs370 that starts every day and has for over 3 years. we use it as a limbing saw at the chipper and sometimes on a felled tree.

Id prob use and like stihls, but dont want to spend the money they ask for.

Buying a good saw is less about the money than the greater efficiency of working that it allows. Included in "efficiency" is the fatigue factor.

There are some very good Japanese brands. Echos are some of the saws sold at the do it yourself places, along with the ultimate plastic Huskys.

They haven't been doing it as long but they have made some good saws.

I've got a couple of Shindaiwa's and they're good saws, extra good air filters on the bigger ones. Echo has taken them over now I heard.

I think you mean that Kioritz has taken over Shindaiwa. I hadn't heard that. Kioritz has some very good saws, the Echos are their low end ones.

Back