Echo 56v set up for sale/trade SOLD

TINYHULK

Treehouser
For sale or trade is my very new echo 56v set up. Dcs2500t ($500 new) with the panther 1/4in conversion (with two chains) and WCS felling dogs (~$200). The saw is in perfect shape. Has had maybe 12 batteries put through it. Oils great and cuts quite well. I do have the factory 3/8lp bar and sprocket. Also is the handheld blower kit ($200). Blower is amazing and probably hasn’t even seen 2 batteries worth of use. Most of the scratches come from the trunk of my car where is was kept for dry storage. The reason for selling is that I just don’t use it enough. It is amazing for pruning in the air and on the ground. I tend to do a lot more removals or I’m in bigger wood. I am willing to sell it. I would say around $600 shipped but what I would rather do is trade it. The three saws on my to get list is a ported echo cs2511t. A ms362 (any version and would eventually port it). Or a ms880 (what I want the most). Saws don’t have to be in perfect running order but I would expect condition and value of the trade to be near what im offering.

Attachments

• 9BBAFAFF-D723-4747-BAB0-3424509FB456.jpeg
    9BBAFAFF-D723-4747-BAB0-3424509FB456.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • DCED289E-F449-458B-B8F4-8E2896278154.jpeg
    DCED289E-F449-458B-B8F4-8E2896278154.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • 8905A985-AA30-41FA-BB73-C240BA3CB31F.jpeg
    8905A985-AA30-41FA-BB73-C240BA3CB31F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • BD203C47-10AE-4A27-83C0-EC7D0E99B7EE.jpeg
    BD203C47-10AE-4A27-83C0-EC7D0E99B7EE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
I would advise against the 880 just because a 90cc saw can be ported to far out cut an 880 while weighing much less. It's not so much a difference of power than it is a difference in the rpm that power is made.

Just an example with realistic numbers:
Stock 880 peak power: 8.5HP @8250rpm, peak torque 7ftlb@ 5500rpm
Ported 395XP peak pwr: 10hp @ 10,000rpm, peak torque 6ftlb @ 7000rpm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could a ported 395xp pull a 60in bar and oil it properly? I know the 661 would struggle in that category

I think the 395 could do a decent job of oiling it compared to an 880. Might be able to mod the oil pump. I modded the pump on my avatar saw (88cc) to blow out 2 tanks of oil per tank of gas on the high setting to thoroughly oil a 42". I'd top it off with oil every 4-5 big cuts, probably could have gone twice that, but didn't want to forget. I'm honestly afraid an 880 would be too dry having run one with a 30", but they might have the usual pin that can let you max out the oil flow once pushed in. How often would you be burying a 60" bar? 60" of wood is not easy for any saw being 4 times the cross sectional area of a 30" log, plus the possible poor chip clearance at that length. That would make a normal 20-30 second cut take around 3 minutes.

Here's a video of a high torque ported 395 running .404 (less torque to the chain, but fewer teeth) bouncing between 9600 and 8400rpm.

It seems like we get a big 5-6ft tree about every 2 months. Right now I have a 5ft and a huge 7 foot oak on the to do list. But it’s normal to have things around 3-3.5ft. We have a 661 and 3 500i’s. An 880 wouldn’t get used much but it is still a good saw to have in the arsenal.

My stock 395xp pulls a chain on a 54” bar through 48”, 4 yr dead red oak in a Granberg mill. No auxiliary oiler. No glazing. No crap. The thing is a beast. I’d love to see what she’d do with a good port job!

I could see getting a ported 880, but not worth having a stock one. Ported would put it a couple digits higher HP and ftlb than the ported 395.

They're making cheap clone kit 880's now if you are into that kind of thing. I'm not sure how well they go together or hold up yet.

Do you turn those giant trees into firewood? That's a lot of firewood.

Normally they get cut down to liftable lengths and if convenient we will take them to our log man where we make a little for it and he makes it all into fire wood. Recently we got the bobcat t870 loader with the biggest grapple they make so the hope is to make some good money on oak slabs from the big 7ft tree. I wouldn’t be against a clone if it was proven reliable but I’m more of a I’d rather find an old saw and revive it then build a copy. I love this little saw and blower combo but I would rather have a pro stihl saw to help with production

i will do a lot of cutting from both sides before wrestling around a 880 with a 60“ inch bar, thats a lot of filling, too. if we lived closer i would consider trading my 3120. good luck!

Yeah whenever I get a bigger saw it would probably live with a 42-48in bar to make those bigger but more common trees come over quick and easy. But it’s nice to be able to pull a longer bar if need be. I foresee ALOT of bore cutting and maxing out all the wood I can reach with a 36in bar to be able to fall this 7ft oak

Yeah whenever I get a bigger saw it would probably live with a 42-48in bar to make those bigger but more common trees come over quick and easy. But it’s nice to be able to pull a longer bar if need be. I foresee ALOT of bore cutting and maxing out all the wood I can reach with a 36in bar to be able to fall this 7ft oak
A full gap facecut with snipe would be my way to go for that situation.

Agreed, just gonna be a lot of cutting and loading to handle that big of a piece and trying to get it while to our log man to have it processed

The guys on OPE say the 880 is bad at oiling and under powered stock, which matches my experience. On top of that, they vibrate a lot more than the 3120, but the 3120 carb can't be adjusted. It would be nice if they made an all around better design with Husqy spring AV, inboard clutch, adjustable carb, and high output oiler. I think the 3120 has a potential fatal flaw: screws/nuts that are located between the air filter and carb. If one came loose...

The guys on OPE say the 880 is bad at oiling and under powered stock, which matches my experience. On top of that, they vibrate a lot more than the 3120, but the 3120 carb can't be adjusted. It would be nice if they made an all around better design with Husqy spring AV, inboard clutch, adjustable carb, and high output oiler. I think the 3120 has a potential fatal flaw: screws/nuts that are located between the air filter and carb. If one came loose...

and with the 3120, you have to tighten all bolts once a week or they will rattle loose. i mean, who needs a muffler anyway, right?

and with the 3120, you have to tighten all bolts once a week or they will rattle loose. i mean, who needs a muffler anyway, right?

Locktite. Or even just a drop of paint, you just need the threads to clog slightly to hold still.

Back