The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Donaghys Spectra Speed

jtrouse

Treehouser
Hey i am wanting to splice up my spectra speed and wondered what instructions i should be using and whether i need to bury more than is said in the instructions??

Ive got the specs for donaghys website about the splicing of it but i wasnt sure whether to use the samson double braid class 2 instructions or not, anyone done this rope before and what instructions did you use??

In the donaghys instructions it doesnt show how the core should be tapered or do i just use the 12 strand tapering instructions to do the core??

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Jim- aren't you a bit skeptical to use a rope made from a company that also makes teat-cleaner!!! :)

Not having seen the rope or the directions for it (that rope isn't sold much here in the USA) I don't know the answer. My guess is that it is a standard spectra core w/ a polyester cover and thus could safely be spliced with a core-to-core splice (what samson calls Class II double braid splice).

However, my recommendation is that you contact the manufacturer...and let us know what they say!

love
nick

jtrouse

Treehouser
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Teat cleaner?? what the

Its a great access line rope which is all it is for i wanna have an eye in the end of it just for the ease of installation in the tree.

I'll contact them and see how i go thanks

NickfromWI

King of Splices
If the eye is just for hauling the line up, not for climbing on, might I suggest a reeving eye? It's the one on the bottom.

You could also do an exposed eye with whipped down cover like 8mm beeline. That is assuming this is a core-dependent rope.

love
nick

Attachments

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!