Anyone using Donaghys "Armor-prus" for eye to eyes?

On the left, there is a little red mark in your eye. It looks like the core stops about right there. It should go all the way through to the other side of the eye, and get buried down a few inches.

Don't climb on this splice. :)

love
nick

No problem Nick, this is just practice now that I am laid off for a week, trying again now using the Superbraid/Spectraspeed instructions from Donaghys, easier to follow but a pig to feed the core in, I need to make a thinner fid.

So that would be a pull style fid. I would imagine that would be small enough to get the job done quite easily. How much of a tail are you folding into to the spoke fid?

Great idea to use a spoke. They are quite rigid. I might have to look into this!

love
nick

I found it super easy to do the bury, i use tubular fids, a bit of massaging and its in / through.

Like nick said the spoke is a good idea.

Jamie

is that the 9mm double braid? i found that a tough bit of rope. i found the armor prus not too bad, vectran and a pure technora strand are a lot harder

Jamie

High modulus lines in general (spectra, PBO, vectran, Kevlar, etc) are hard to cut. I would avoid scissors all together. Use a sharp, non-serrated blade that is as long as possible. The back and forth sawing motion minimizes the effectiveness of the cutting. Firmly wrap masking tape around the piece to be cut, then in one long smooth motion alive through the rope.

If you don't have a 6" super sharp blade, I recommend utility knives with replacable razor blades. They are always sharp.

I save my scissors for polyester and nylon, which is about 75% of what I splice.

love
nick

Back