Does anyone have an 8' wide flatbed on a 1 ton?

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Any here have an 8' wide flatbed on a 1 ton or equivalent dual rear wheel dump truck?

If so, can I get a picture from the front of the truck showing the side stick out?

I had one on my 2000 F550. Why not just raise your bed and lay a 8' 2x4 (or equivalent) across the frame rails?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A local truck supplier is having a "sale".

They've had this flatbed sitting there for three years, so I told him to shoot me a rock bottom price.

Turns out it's no deal, I can get a brand new Truck Craft aluminum flatbed in my ideal size for $100 more than they are asking for this body.

Butch can delete this thread.

I have an 8' bed on my Chevy 3500. The sides stick out past the cab approx. 10" on each side. I just tried to take some pictures for you, but the dark is swallowing up the flash.

Stock mirrors didn't cut it for me. I had to buy these mirrors to see anything, especially on the passenger side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks mp, don't worry about it though.

A brand new truck craft flat bed, the same size as my current body (94" x110") is 2289 + 636 for a head board.

The dude wants 2900 for a three year old body they can't sell. I'd give 'em 2k, but I'd be wasting my time offering that.

Eventually I'll get one, my truck needs to shed some weight, it'll actually shed about 1000lbs if I went to an aluminum flatbed.

First things first though, need to finish my house!

I am starting to shop for a dump body for my ford 1 ton.. Or maybe just get a new bed and put a dump lift under it. The old bed is about done :lol: She sports a new dent as well on the passenger rear.. Forgot I was backing up with a trailer the other day with Lilly in the truck talking to daddy. Oh well....

Back