dingo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
taking into account that theres 3 pump? 1 for each track and 1 for all other functions? i can drive and run the boom and attachments fine, would it still stall if splitting stationary? i dont "need" this id just like the splitter to run a little quicker

It takes hp to make gpm X psi. You couldn't stall the aux system and do much of anything else without stalling the engine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so unless the engine is upgraded which i dont plan on as its fairly new, im stuck where i am. thanks for the help carl

Yep, unless you change it out to a two stage pump, which may be an option.
That would be about the only way I can think of . That thing would handle a 16 GPM in a two stage .Set the transfer at maybe 1000 ,less if it stalls the engine .

You get to setting the pump at 3 thou all you will end up doing is blowing hoses . They set it a 26-2700 psi as a little cushion to prevent that .

I could set my splitter at 3 thou and likely split the wood sideways .It's most likely around 1800 factory setting on the valve .It seldom stalls but if it does I just flip tjhe piece . I'd much rather stall a piece of hydraulic equipment as to blow cylinders ,valves ,the pump or drown myself with hot oil from a ruptured line .I've been down that road before ,ouch ,yuck .

Back