decisions decisions

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 4K
I looked at a 1290. I probably should have bought it but I got such a screaming deal on the morbark that I couldn't say no.

It was appealing to deal local for me. I've already gotten a bunch of work through the dealership, I went to highschool with the salesman. He's assured me if I break down in the next few years he'll demo me a machine instantly to keep me going, has also offered to 'demo' their big tracked grinder if I have a need for it. Small town stuff but every bit helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I started with used Bandits and had so many problems I wanted simplicity and went back to a drum.

Its MORBARK or nothing now - I think they are a much better machine. Better feed systems and overall quality.

For now this is all I have. Sweet dreams of things to come.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hP0mMv3Aj4Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hP0mMv3Aj4Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Justin, You should speak kindly and respectfully to Netree. If you beg nicely he may reveal the secret specs to making a Chuck and Duck produce fine chips that pack well on a truck while feeding smoothly. ( I'm serious-he knows some secrets -main point is that the factory prescribed specs eat brush with even dull knives but it ain't pretty-Eric's magic settings transform chip quality and chipper behavior.

Eric's magic settings transform chip quality and chipper behavior.

How do you get a chip to behave?

Bad chip! Sit in the corner!

I would not buy anything unless I could afford it. Right now your chipper is not eating a monthly payment or draining your savings. Thats golden.

Lotta guys work to service their loans, I work for me.

Frans, English wasn't your very best subject was it?:|: CHIPPER behavior. Everybody knows telling a chip to do anything is futile, on the other hand chippers are highly trainable provided that discipline is consistent and punishment corporal.

now that you mention it after I told my truck I was gonna sell it to a used appliance dealer, it has been behaving...

I used my buddie's Bandit 250 last week and it has a few features that I didn't like. I think the chute is too long and flat and it plugs easily. Also the feed wheels are horizontal and I think although this might let some dirt out, it leaves a pile of debris under the chipper. It had a 4 cyl. Cat motor and had ample power, but you had to be ready at the controls if you were putting through a limb with a bunch of small wood and leaves on the end, or it would plug the chute.

I used my buddie's Bandit 250 last week and it has a few features that I didn't like. I think the chute is too long and flat and it plugs easily. Also the feed wheels are horizontal and I think although this might let some dirt out, it leaves a pile of debris under the chipper. It had a 4 cyl. Cat motor and had ample power, but you had to be ready at the controls if you were putting through a limb with a bunch of small wood and leaves on the end, or it would plug the chute.

Agreed. My old boss's 250 would plug constantly. Not to mention that dead space between the feed wheels and disc, the ends of logs would sometimes get jammed in there and operation would have to stop until you can unjam it.

Something ain't right then Steve, my 250 will eat cedar hedge no problem and that used to bring things to a real standstill on my CnD. No autofeed I'm assuming? Mine rarely cycles but I've had no hint of plugging on anything just nice chips packed hard into the truck no spaces/gaps against the roof of the chipbox anymore. Maybe it's duller than sin?

i plugged my 250 once or twice, something isnt right. maybe feed rate is to fast? dull knives or anvil? one of the times i plugged it was with snow and leaves, bad combo for a chipper

Back