Cutting bushel is hard!

I spent a week or so painting farm fences. Probably pretty similar. Work from whenever the dew burned off til sundown. Paint a couple sections, then go back and paint them again. Over, and over, and over, and over....

Sanding and staining cedar decks and and Adirondack chairs comes to mind in 100 degree plus heat in summer time.
The resolve to that was usually the HO would let me cool off in their pool as needed, or in the sprinklers.

The stuff I have done as an adult was hard, but I was on the road and knew the season was only a few months long.
You can do a lot of work, when you can see the end of it and look forwards to travelling on.

Logging is day in, day out and to tell the truth, slowly wearing me down.

Next year I reach retirement age.
Won't retire till my female apprentice is finished, though.

We did a formal handshake on that.
I won't retire and she won't get pregnant till she has her certificate :D

Cutting bushel is hard! The harder you work the more money you make.

Terri and I had visitors today. Of all things Matt and Kaitlyn showed up.

A meeting that's been in the works for a couple of years actually, and today the stars aligned.

Not withstanding usual formalities... breaking of bread, gifts and refreshment.

I must say, Terri and I are blessed to be in such good company today.

Thank you, Matt and Kaitlyn!

Zoom up on the T-shirts. I love it.

View attachment DSC02034 a.jpg

View attachment DSC02037b.jpg

Looks like a top shelf faller for sure.

How exactly does/did a female become a top shelf faller. It's unheard of IME but more power to her.

It was so presumptuous of me to ask Katelyn if she was double-jacking with Matt. That is, working together sharing the falling and bucking on the same strip, splitting scale. But I was corrected when told, "No, I have my own strip, Jer."

Now I feel like a male chauvinist pig. But I'll get over it. Thank you!

Matt and Kate, remember you have an open invitation here anytime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don’t feel that way at all Jer! No double jacking for us unless one of us strips out and we don’t want to pack into a new one yet. She thinks the world of ya and as do I. Like I said you gotta watch her make a stump. She’s an artist and could sell them at a home decor store 😂. I think we will definitely have to have another trip down soon, we got about a month or so left. Really glad ya liked the shirts.
It was so presumptuous of me to ask Katelyn if she was double-jacking with Matt. That is, working together sharing the falling and bucking on the same strip, splitting scale. But I was corrected when told, "No, I have my own strip, Jer."

Now I feel like a male chauvinist pig. But I'll get over it. Thank you!

Matt and Kate, remember you have an open invitation here anytime.

We’ll it’s a wrap on the first bushel job. What an experience and a once in a lifetime cutting. Only got smoked twice and got to hike my ass off lol! Sorry I didn’t get to stop by Mr. B we had to high tail it home. We will be back to visit. I got a video of the last tree I filmed. The video is two days after a big limb almost broke my arm. Pheeewwwww

Aloha, just checking in to say what’s up and happy new year. Katelyn and I have been asked to fell eucs on a utility job. It’s been a pretty cool experience so far. 40 year old trees that’s are around 130 to 170 ft tall. Barely any meat on the butt biggest I’ve cut so far was just under 32 inches on the butt. Using excavators and pull ropes to get the leaners over. I haven’t got much footage so far due to signing a contract with Husqvarna and not having one over here. Here’s a few photos so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • 3ED61A00-0815-469A-9BD7-BD54C5D4EEE0.jpeg
    3ED61A00-0815-469A-9BD7-BD54C5D4EEE0.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0073.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1