CursedVoyce...your model of chipper? DR 13hp

Some of those little chippers are pretty awesome. Keep the knives sharp and there will be very little pushing.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8aDPz98vqEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like thats either 16 or 18 HP. That little extra should go a long way. A niche tool to complement a bigger one, in my neck of the woods.

Mine's a Larger 24 HP Bear Cat.
A HO has one like what you show there and it chips fine. You just have to cut everything real small to fit in.
You can see the exit is near the bottom of the chipper on that one. If there is a lot of material, you will have to move the chips or the chipper from time to time to clear it. Keep the blades sharp, less vibration. But yes, your hands will hurt after a long day.....
This is what we have.....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KLRox4HmQZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have you tried the Hulk Gloves. They will protect your hands from the vibration. Gigi might have been the OP about them, or Labour of Love (sorry, name escaping me). $10/ pair is way cheaper than new wrists.

http://www.galeton.com/hulk-anti-vibration-gloves/9100950-product/

I'll use them for bucking a lot of wood, if I don't need so much dexterity. I should buy some more. They wear out in time, but easier to replace than a wrist or knuckle.

Those would be toast in a day of chipping dead material.
Green material... might get three.
Good ol leather serves fine.
We want to buy a guys chipper up here that is auto feed... He is not really quick in selling it, but has offered it to us should he.That will solve the hand issues :lol:
The little chippers have their place like Ed said. They serve well in tight spots or long drags. I love watching peoples faces when we roll it down a side walk and into a yard :lol:
We have chipped right into a trash can before. Just move chips in can to place where HO wanted them in a flower bed.... Not much mess in the grass that day either.
A client gave us one like you show there, 3" maybe with a mulcher and screen. Older one. I am going to fix it up (should not take much effort) and place it in the orchard for trimmings. On 4 wheels and has a handle that will hook to a ride on mower or the mini...

You know you best, Stephen. I'd spend $10 a day on PPE for my wrists. Maybe a leather pair of gloves with the antivibe built in. My old Supervisor had some. We used to have to do this enormous western redcedar hedge with a HT101 with the hedge shears from the bucket. Gloves helped him some, but he had to actually quit mid-day one day because the vibration was killing him so badly. He's no wuss, either. He's been in a full body cast.

Just saying wrists are precious, and it seems like you have no shortage of labor between work and home.

I've battled wrist tendonitis from work and play. Been pretty good lately. Its like a bad back, before you injure it you don't think about it...after, its all you think about. I knew my old boss was a hurtin' possum a lot of days.

Back