craning it up in heidelberg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great video, Jesse! I've saved your YouTube channel as a favorite place in my web browser. I'll watch the rest of your videos as soon as I get the chance.

I thought I was the only one who had issues with cameras; I guess not.

I'm wondering what software you use to do the editing of your high definition video. Really nice editing job. For some reason I have a hard time talking myself into sitting down and grinding through with it. Any hints about the job of editing that seem to make things go more easily in the process would be greatly appreciated.

Tim
Yeah all the good shots always seem to get missed a , it can really be frustrating .
As for editing , my motivation is usually the fact I can sit down for a couple of hours undisturbed, drinking a couple of nice pilsners :drunk: I just use iMovie , and have only just grasped the bare basics of it but i'm slowly getting there.
I'm glad you enjoyed it Tim thanks for the feedback mate.

Thanks for the info Jesse. I run a 32" bar on my 660 and luckily have only needed it up in the tree for crane work on a few jobs :) Darn thing can get heavy.

BTW, not to derail this thread, but I was wondering what type of throw hook are you using in one of your other vids? Is that the Ronny Epple Hook from free worker in Germany? Looks like a good hook. I still use my clevis hook like the one that Jerry B. shows in his book and Working Climber Series DVD's. Works great, but always like to try new things out as well.

I like the power so i don't really mind it so much, but to be honest mate I have a super light bar on it and that balances the saw perfectly , it also makes it a pretty reasonable weight .

Yessir , it's the epple hook . gods gift to tree surgery , I'm still amazed at what I can do with that thing. its super light and robust , a permanent fixture on my saddle.

Awesome, I've been trying to get that hook for years to try it out, but they don't sell it here in the States.

Yeah, when it comes time to get a new bar on my 660, I will definitely be running a super light bar on it.

Thanks again for the info Jesse.

How is that bar holding up?

My 661 came with one, but I had them take it off, since I didn't really believe it would hhold up to the rigors of daily logging.

How is that bar holding up?

My 661 came with one, but I had them take it off, since I didn't really believe it would hhold up to the rigors of daily logging.

5 months on and using it nearly everyday , it has been flawless , but.. obvioulsly its still early days.
logging is a different ball game when it comes to saw hours (as you know) so i can't say stig. ........... but, what i will say is that the 661 is so stupidly efficient in the tree, the weight difference is enormous and i would defiantly recommend .

I love the 661.
It is truly a new generation of felling saw, from the 660.

Back