CRANE CLASS - Knuckle Boom VS. Boom Truck

I'll be there, and due to three of my awesome customers, I'll have a Gehl AL140, AL340, and AL540 on site for demo/show and tell. I may bring my excavator if I procure a grapple before then. If I bring it I'll also bring the bucket and mower and whatever else I may have for it at that point.

If someone wants to scare up some mowing work for the excavator along the way, I'd not be opposed! Kinda an off chance, but who knows. It's a relatively unusual setup, at least around here.

Mine is a flail/hammerhead/hammer mill style head. If/when this one gets paid for, I'll either buy a rotary ax for the ctl, a mulcher for the ctl, or a fixed tooth mulcher for the excavator like in the third picture. The list price difference is $9215 vs $15995. The rotary ax for the ctl is $13k, the mulcher is around $30k.

Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 11.04.06 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 11.03.13 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 11.52.12 PM.png

The flail is rated to 4", the mulcher is rated to 8".

After I see how the flail does, I may get a stump grinder attachment for the excavator since it's already on most jobs.

The mulcher seems like an excellent investment for land clearance :thumbup: I used an excavator on one job that took two days. Second day I was rocking and rolling digging inches away from the customers house fairly quickly for me anyway! Made me want one but that can wait.

That's a hella turnout.

Nick, have you been doing any tree work? Your work posts are missed, they were good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Things have been really crazy lately for me. I haven't done any tree work this winter, theres been some in Indy but not a lot. We have been doing a ton of weekend projects and the weather has been horrible.

Im hoping to get out this spring and do some weekend work.

I have been climbing a few times and did some super light training with some of the staff at the shop though, and some more extensive climbing with one other guy that works with me.

Hey Nick, I'm going to be driving or riding in the grapple truck and working with TCI, do I need to sign up for the crane day on your web site?

Thats if all of the grapples are back, our shop is empty at the moment.

I believe Heather is coming with me. What's the current projected attendance?

What's the address of the shin dig? We will likely be staying in a hotel.

We start with coffee and talking at 7am Saturday.

3564 W 71st St., Indianapolis, IN 46268

People can feel free to arrive at the site Friday night if they plan to camp or we will be at TreeStuff until about 5 or 6.

Attendance should be close to 100 people if I had to wager a guess! Its gonna be out of this world. We have PA systems, catering (maybe a hog roast, not sure yet), gift bags and the whole 9 yards.

The cranes are lined up, the grapple truck is ready, and we have plenty of trees to slay!

Back