CRANE CLASS - Knuckle Boom VS. Boom Truck

bonner1040

Nick from Ohio
Tree Stuff is hosting a crane class on March 22nd. More details to come but here is what we know so far:

*********************************************************************************

TCI is sending their KnuckleBoom and a Grapple Truck

There will be a 30Ton Stick Crane

We will compare both cranes

There will be a bonfire/party Saturday night, and a rec climb / workshop on the Sunday following

There is 'rustic' camping and a covered barn to camp in (concrete floor)

Low cost, free stuff, tons of fun!

Kristian Michael Shultz (The WHIZ) will be MC'ing and we will have other special guests of course!

That sounds sick!!

Too far for me but I trust you will keep us all updated with posts and vids? Least I hope you will

That is something I really could use a class on but only time and funds will tell. As of now not looking good for funding so not likely for me but will make a note on my calendar if it could miracously work out by then.

I would love to go and it is up for debate. The only hang up is we have a boys weekend planned in the Dells and they tend to be pretty epic.

Kristian, is that Theresa's brother or am I remembering that wrong?

I wonder how she's doing?

I would love to take a class like this. Sounds awesome. I don't travel really though. Don't even have a passport.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TreeStuff is hosting a Crane & Climbing Weekend Workshop on March 22nd and March 23rd!

Saturday Crane Class Highlights:
Crane Class starts Saturday morning at 7am (March 22nd) and will run all day
Coffee/Donuts, Lunch and Dinner will be served on Saturday
Class will feature and compare a large Effer Knuckleboom Crane and a 30ton traditional boom struck (stick crane).
A large grapple truck will be on hand for all debris removal.
Several large ash trees and a cottonwood will be removed with focus on communication, safety, efficiency and production.
Different techniques including 2 sling log picks, balancing brush pics and more will be covered.
Classroom/theory will be provided to complement the hands-on-work.
Saturday night we will have a cookout/bonfire and a general awesome time and a concrete floored barn is available in case of bad weather.
Camping is provided

Sunday Climbing Class Highlights:
Sunday we will have a climbing 'workshop' of sorts with an interactive and knowledge/technique seminar. This event will be less formal then the crane class and Food on Sunday will be on-your-own

The event is hosted by an ALL-STAR line up of instructors and speakers.
Kristian Michael Shultz will be our Master of Ceremonies
Norm Hall will be the Featured Speaker
Rick Denbeau will be our in-tree climber
Cormac Nagan will be hosting the Sunday Climbing Workshop

Weekend Event Details:
The Enrollment Fee will be $250 for both days, prepaid. All participants will receive a TreeStuff Gift Bag and a $100 TreeStuff Gift Certificate.
This is basically the best deal you will ever find for training.
Please contact Nick@TreeStuff to sign up by March 7th. Participation will be limited so don't wait!
Enrollment Fees are non refundable and Shwag/Gift Certificates are for present participants only.

Nick, is there an option for Saturday only? There will be 2-3 of us and I am not sure we are all going to be able to stay an extra day.

Hey Fred, the cost is for Saturday, Sunday is optional, and pretty much on our dime. We are only taking in $150 for the class (considering the other $100 is basically refunded as a GC) and that barely covers our costs.

Short answer: You can come for Saturday only but its still the same price. Sunday is more about fun than anything, it will be informal.

Cool. I wasn't expecting a cheaper price, I think Saturday is worth every bit of it. I just wanted to make sure we were still allowed to come! You are doing a great job my man.

Appreciate the kind words. I am trying to the duck thing ya know...paddling like crazy but looking calm!

Hope you guys make it, it should be fun!

The problem is I will be getting back from KY the monday before and the Boys weekend thing. This always happens to me I make plans and cool things happen at the same time.

Back