cool and simple ascent system......

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pgEIJuZLjSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I emailed him last weekend. He said he was still looking for a manufacturer and working out the bugs. I think Jack put this in the video thread. I'm interested.

I can foresee tweaking a RW/ HH and hitch in there.

I've long thought about adding a pole to an upper ascender, originally with a RADS set-up when I started spurless work, but never pursued the idea, figuring the pole would be too troublesome, never thinking about a telescoping thing. I never liked getting jammed up with two hand ascenders. This solves that problem.

I bet he's still out of breath at then end of the sprint.

I never like the angle of handled ascenders. My right wrist is sore from a 100' ascent on Monday. I think that a more horizontal grip would be more wrist neutral, which is what I'm seeing on the end of the stick, if its what I think I see.

Wow- putting the ascender on a stick? Who woulda thunk it!

Great system. I can't wait to give it a try.

I know there are cavers that keep track of world records for speed ascents. This could be a big deal for those guys...

Whoever wrote this is a bit of a douche. That last line, "View for amusement; otherwise, please ignore this video!" shows that they think they are high and mighty. It's a fine enough system. All systems have their faults and can be improved one way or another. This is one of those. But it's very novel and even revolutionary in concept (as far as I know, anyway)

Can't wait to see what the commercial version looks like. In the mean time, I may toy with making my own. Looks simple enough.

For the record, that link was not my opinion. I just wanted to toss it out there for you guys to look at.

I think his system is interesting but nothing I am really interested in. I will wait patiently for the Hitch Hiker.

The "m" part of the system makes it so that if the upper ascender gets knocked off, or the lower ascender, your going for a bit of a ride. Tha needs to be worked out.

Very good point! I totally overlooked the missing link. There is no safety if it is compromised. Could be why he is still looking for a supplier and manufactuer.

I think I'd just slap an extra prusik above the top on and have that run down to my harness and go on with my day.

The speed is amazing. It's worth looking into this system.

love
nick

Wraptor-ific!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of da Wraptor, it was just the ticket today. We had about 15 fir trees (between two jobs) to do a bit of deadwooding and crown cleaning, so not much on each. On all but two, we used the Wraptor..well, on some we were able to work two or three trees from one. But what a time saver! Most were easy to get a line set, so we were able to get all done by 5 pm. An easy and fun $1950....no way would it have been as easy or fast without the Wraptor.

Though that M-System does look mighty trick, as long as a backup is added.

Oh, and the day ended with a visit to Andy ( my ex-Arborist site bud, the chain saw guru) who took our chips. It was only about 10 miles out of the way, and I hadn't seen him for 6 weeks....

Back