Conferences??

treesandsurf

Treehouser
I've got a small amount of funding from my college to attend a conference (right now they've agreed for the ISA conference), but I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to attend TCIA expo or the ISA this year.

The ISA would be great to attend but it is in just over a month and all the hotels appear booked and airfare is expensive from Hawaii! :O

If you had to choose between the two...?

jp:D

It depends on whatcha wanna see. If you want to see gear/equipment, go to the TCIA, if you want seminars, some equipment, and alot of climbing, go to the ITCC.

I'm going to St Louis, driving will cost about a hundred bucks and take about 7 hours. Having your own vehicle is a lovely thing, and after the conference I think I have to run over to DC for a meeting. Luckly they pay for the gas and lodging to DC and back home :)

If you do go to St Louis, I'll be more than happy to give ya a ride to and fro the airport and the hotel. I haven't looked into lodging yet, but I'll letcha know what I see and I'd be happy to transport around the city.

i'll be there - LOOK FOR ME - i will wear a shirt that says - IT"S ME

It depends on whatcha wanna see. If you want to see gear/equipment, go to the TCIA, if you want seminars, some equipment, and alot of climbing, go to the ITCC.

Ditto.

But... In my mind their are two main venues. One is the ISA conf. which is all about C.E.U.s. AND the main comp., while
the other is TCIA which is all about equipment with a tiny amount on climbing. Usually put on by salesmen for arborloser or husky.

disclaimer:
Sorry, I meant to say arbormaster, just have a hard time saying that word 'master', especially when the folks have no real certs other than a reputation which is largely self created by huge egos and $$$profit motivation. The net result being that the cost of field training and horticultural education for our brothers and sisters in the industry has skyrocketed.

I've found on place under $100 a night within walking distance of the host hotel.

I found a couple or three places within a 20 minute ride that are closer to $50 a night. (Days Inn, Ramada, Comfort Inn, Super 8, ect).

I'll be booking a room this week wherever it happens to be.

I found a couple or three places within a 20 minute ride that are closer to $50 a night. (Days Inn, Ramada, Comfort Inn, Super 8, ect).

:lol: Habib the pakistani will always leave the light on for ya, and he rents rooms by the hour! :D

Back