Cold showers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dave, something tells me that you could really come to appreciate and benefit from cold dunks since you are on a quest for overall self improvement.

IME, you get out of the tub after a mere 4 minutes at 45* or so and problems or issues you have are put into a sound perspective that they simply didn't have previously.

I hear ya but it's not like that imo. It is just a fairly significant change in mindset after a fairly short period of time doing the activity.

Euphoria and/or positive mind set is a fairly widespread response to cold dunks afaik and I've experienced it basically every time I've partaken.

No snow here yet. I did a fair amount of bare foot hiking in the snow last year and at one point got some little blue dots on toes that looked like fledgling frost bite so I backed off. May have to restrict winter bf'g to snow blowing the driveway.

“Euphoria and/or positive mind set is a fairly widespread response to cold dunks afaik and I've experienced it basically every time I've partaken.”

Mescaline has the same effect or so I’ve heard. :/:

I'm interested in that too. But since I'm lazy and frugal and low tech, the dunks be scratching the itch for now

Busted through ice in the farm tub and dunked for a minute. Water was 37* Getting in is always excruciating. All the subsequent benefits are awesome. Improved sleep is another plus I've noticed.

Since I've had the farm tub at end of my driveway, dips have become quite common. I tend to go in every 3rd day. Today was 4 min @ 44*.

One benefit has become quite clear- lessening of inflammation. My back has been a mess lately and when I go in, it always is less painful after. Not a cure all but an improvement. Heat used to help my back, but lately it makes it act up and cold instead is better for it

Knowledgable person re cold water swimming etc:

Aye you scallywags- since I've had the farm tank/cold tub in the driveway, I've been getting many epic dunks, minimum of once a week. You folks who say yeah nah no fookin way- its all good, maybe you won't ever go in but what is sure is that if you did, you'd like it.

Anyway, today there was ice on the tub, I had the day off, I went in for 3:15 @ 37*, getting in was brutality personified and the rest was f'n gravy. So after, with typical resulting extreme motivation, I got into this 🔥 Goggins work out. We've talked about Goggins here at the House before, he's in his very own category, he's a mad dog. So this push up work out is straight up fun. I can't come close to finishing it but it is awesome anyway. And in this IG clip, it is fun to see Goggins actually have to work hard at something.

Enjoy. #bringthepainboys #coldtubplusgogginsworkoutequalsseeGod

Last edited:
Have I mentioned that cold plunges are the shit? And having a 100 gal farm tub in a shady spot in the driveway is crazy convenient? I probably have not but I should .

Anyway, saw this fun clip from a blacksmith. Subtitles are there or Stigger can translate.

Now that our resident stud @treebilly has proclaimed he's onboard with cold plunging, it should take little more to get the rest of youse to take the plunge.

And here she is, the "little more"

Now that our resident stud @treebilly has proclaimed he's onboard with cold plunging,
How's it going, @treebilly?

It's a good time of year, no ice needed for this 5 month stretch. I go in once, sometimes twice a week, it is good stuff.

@cory it’s going. I kinda fell out of the cold shower thing for a bit. I’m taking a warm to cool shower at night but have started taking a cold shower in the morning. I do a light work out first and then the shower except I keep my hair dry. I’ve been wide awake when I get to work since doing this.
Taking a few supplements including vitamin d 3 as well. At 45 I decided I need to take better care of myself🙄.

Good chit!

I find cold showers to be perhaps more difficult to tolerate than the cold tub cuz in the tub you are quickly fully immersed vs having ice cold water sprinkled all over you in the shower🥶🥶

Back