Cobra Dynamic Cabling

Old Monkey

Treehouser
OK, I bought my first Cobra kit and whereas I get the general idea, the instructions are in German. Does anyone know where I could find them in English?

Id recommend Guardian vs Cobra.

Cheaper, easier to install, with less components.

Cobra will not self adjust as they claim it will.

That's poor service from whoever sold it to you, unless you had it shipped from Germany.

I too have made the switch to Guardian-no regrets but I still like Cobra-it is nice thatit is toolless.

Darin, I have some Cobra instructions somewhere that I could send to you.

If nothing else, Sherrill's customer service has always been quite good (can't say the same for the counter guys at the local Vermeer). Call them tomorrow on their 800 number and I'm sure they can get you the instructions quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I too have made the switch to Guardian-no regrets but I still like Cobra-it is nice thatit is toolless.

Darin, I have some Cobra instructions somewhere that I could send to you.

If they're handy that would be great, otherwise I'll just do like Brian says. I guess my ordering those German for Dumkopfs videos was for not.

Darin,

There is a DVD that Sherrill made with Tobe in it showing how to install the cobra system. It came free with on of my orders a year or two ago.

I'm sure if you call them they will send you one to you!

HC

I am not a cobra fan but since you bought the cable with funky lube and dildos, why let it go to waste right?

I like and have installed miles of GEFA cabling. Just a simple hollow braid cable that comes in 2 variations 20% stretch and 5% stretch. Ohne dildo ;)

Cobra will work like they say and expand so long as you make sure the inside of the spliced loop is 90 degrees or better. They mention it in the directions, and if the angle is too small, it doesn't feed rope into the loop. Real important.

I am not a cobra fan but since you bought the cable with funky lube and dildos, why let it go to waste right?

I feel gay just holding that shock absorber/dildo! I am glad someone else is on the same page as me.

I just started installing Cobra this summer, I will have to wait a year or two to see how these systems have worked.

FJR, Do you find that K-Y Jelly works better than the factory soap on the dild....er , shock absorber?

The Cobra systems I have installed have worked out quite well. the extr components may add a little to the sales pitch but Guardian is over twice as strong and I find myself liking the unpretentious "install with slack so that it will assist in extreme loadings but just hang there most of the time" theory.

Who sells Guardian? Fresco used to, but the link on their website is empty....

I've installed cobra for 11 years now...seems to be working well.....

Roger, Yeah Fresco sells Guardian. I dunno why their website is on the fritz every other week.-Someone has bought them out but kept the arborist supply biz active. I got good service when I phoned back in the spring. FYI Guardian is Yale's Portland braid COVER only.

fjr, thats a bad time to start feeling gay! might make your customers uneasy!

Willie, I accidentally dropped the shock thingy out of the tree once and the client ended up walking by and grabbing it. Client kinda looked up at me and went "ummmmm yeah" thinking I was some kind of freak or something lol. Then I proceeded to explain myself and tell him that I am not some gay dude that likes to get his rocks off by hanging on a rope in a tree! These shock absorbers are taboo :lol:

Back