Coast Redwoods 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pure beauty.

Another spot that looked awesome, was the ruptured redwood remnant with down-turned wood that you photographed and included in one of your books. It looked outstanding in the rain yesterday. There's hardly a time I pass it now without thinking about you !!

I know that wreck you're talking about. Amazing how it shattered and still hung together. When it was fresh the wood was bright orangey red. A real natural sculpture. Thanks for posting that image

Another frame, a little farther along the same road.

Attachments

• Autumn_2000.jpg
    Autumn_2000.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 32
Bet there's a good chance Gerald B. has this spot from Jed Smith in his photo collection.

Attachments

• Big_Valley_POTN.jpg
    Big_Valley_POTN.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 49
Crappy old tree...clearly decadent, heart rot for sure. Hardly worth the space it takes up.

:D

Another pretty shot, Mario. One of many. Keep them coming.

Watched an old Andy Griffith episode today - they were wanting to TD the old oak in the courtyard for a film producer. They didn't, but that tree was dead as shit. I LOL'ed! They shoulda slayed it!

Maybe somewhere, Mario, but I can't nail it down. Looks to be on one of the flats. That's all I can tell. Old tree.

Thanx for prodding the brain cells.

Its down Boyscout Tree trail on the left about 20 minutes before the Boyscout Tree offshoot. The weather really poured that morning. Got wet but it was refreshing.

I love looking at these pics! I made the journey this past June out to commiefornia just to see those trees! Anybody in the timber business needs to see them at least once! They impressed me far more than the grand canyon did. The ONE THING that I would like better than seeing them is getting to cut one! I would make the drive back out there and work all day for free just to get to cut one of them. It wouldn't have to be a monster, something in the 12 to 15 ft dia would do :D

The redwood elves from a rainy day in the forest. The color is so nice in the wet months.

Expand your screen and enjoy the detail ...

Spartan_Redwood_Canopy_Rain.jpg

I just got the book a few days ago ,very nice .My lady friend has seen the big trees .I haven't but it's on the list as well as Alaska .Funny,been half way around the world twice by sea but never farther west than the western slopes of the rocky mountains .

Pretty pic, Mario. You captured it beautifully.

The other morning, I was trying to guess how you sized this one up for framing, around the next corner past the Metcalf Grove marker. It reminds me of the phrase "Let's get ready to rumble!"

Attachments

• Ruptured_2000mdv.jpg
    Ruptured_2000mdv.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 22
Back