City licensing

I for instance wish the EPA, CDC, and Forest Service were much larger and more powerful. I think a lot of abuses by private industry and pollution problems could have been avoided. I think the CDC is separate from the gov't though....

Define more powerful. The purpose of the forest service is
Mission

The mission of the USDA Forest Service is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation’s forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations.

Motto: Caring for the Land and Serving People

The phrase, "CARING FOR THE LAND AND SERVING PEOPLE," captures the Forest Service mission. As set forth in law, the mission is to achieve quality land management under the sustainable multiple-use management concept to meet the diverse needs of people: It includes:

•Advocating a conservation ethic in promoting the health, productivity, diversity, and beauty of forests and associated lands.

•Listening to people and responding to their diverse needs in making decisions.

•Protecting and managing the National Forests and Grasslands so they best demonstrate the sustainable multiple-use management concept.
Providing technical and financial assistance to State and private forest landowners, encouraging them to practice good stewardship and quality land management in meeting their specific objectives.

•Providing technical and financial assistance to cities and communities to improve their natural environment by planting trees and caring for their forests.

•Providing international technical assistance and scientific exchanges to sustain and enhance global resources and to encourage quality land management.

•Helping States and communities to wisely use the forests to promote rural economic development and a quality rural environment.

•Developing and providing scientific and technical knowledge aimed at improving our capability to protect, manage, and use forests and rangelands.

•Providing work, training, and education to the unemployed, underemployed, elderly, youth, and disadvantaged in pursuit of our mission.

I think more powerful would be sticking to this mission statement by not being bullied by the greenies so bad

Civilization requires people to come together under a common set of rules. The core concept has been very successful. The question is to what degree do wee need to regulate human actions for the betterment of the group. Some folks say less some folks say more. There is no perfect balance of freedom versus rules and never has been.

If we were talking about contractor's license I would agree OM. But like I said with the city, all they did was take my contact info, tax id #, and money. So I don't know how that would further anything. It's not even enough money for them to do anything with.

Back