Chrome polishing

Che

Treehouser
I just found this out, it may be old news to some....but I was AMAZED!!!

Simple aluminum foil, straight off the roll....used as a 'polishing cloth' works like magic polishing up chrome with a bit of surface rust.

Try it. You'll like it.

:D

I just found this out, it may be old news to some....but I was AMAZED!!!

Simple aluminum foil, straight off the roll....used as a 'polishing cloth' works like magic polishing up chrome with a bit of surface rust.

Try it. You'll like it.

:D
Hints from Heloise ;) The old gal knew here stuff alright or at least had enough sense to print somebody elses good stuff .

Old school trick to shine up bike chrome.

Works like a charm. =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought a vintage hospital 'over the bed' table....all cast aluminum, stainless steel, and chrome. The tray was trash, but the rest was in very good condition. I was giddy when I found out how pretty I could make it, looked like new.

Now I'm looking for a 15" x 25" stainless steel (or heavy plastic) tray to top it off with.

Mike (hubby) had never heard of this foil trick, so I figured there might be a couple here that hadn't either. I LOVE new tricks. Oh, I first heard about it last year on Myth Busters, but didn't pay much attention....it did seem like it would scratch, but doesn't at all.

Che,

When I bought my GoldWing last year, it had sat a few years. It has acres of chrome, and alot of it was dull or rusty.

Iv'e heard lots of tricks for Coca-Cola, too... like removing corrosion from battery terminals. (And we drink this stuff??)

Back