Chipper Knives

brendonv

Tree Hugger
There was a thread a while back discussing chipper knives. I have bought some from Zenith cutter for my old Bandit...I know some people don't like 'em. Frans put up a place where he got his from, can't remember where it was though.

I'd like to have an extra set for the Woodsman, where do you get yours?

The Knife Source is the supplier for Morbark and Sherril. I've been told by many to stay away from the Zenith knives.

I would recommend trying out all the brands you can get your hands on. Given the fact that you are likely to go through a few knives over the next year or two, it's the only way to find out for yourself. And if you find that Zenith knives work just as well as other brands but cost 1/2 as much, then so much the better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just bumping this thread.

All the aftermarkets I searched for all happened to be more expensive than OEM, with a 3-4 week wait time on one of the knives.

I just got my Woodsman OEM knives in the mail yesterday and they were packaged in "Simonds" containers. I called "Simonds" and talked to a nice lady from S.C. She was telling me they make ALL OEM chipper knives for every manufacturer except Morbark. They are also made in Michigan.

You can buy direct from them also.

Back