Chip box roof

brendonv

Tree Hugger
So i have to modify my removable roof section on my chip box to fit a mini loader in the back. The new machines controls are higher, and i also had plans on rebuilding anyways, as the chipper needs an extra three inches taller to click into the top notch on the deflector.

Does anyone have a half roof? Im worried about messing up around the back of the truck, and of course getting dust on the cab. :lol:

I have a roll up tarp. It sucks until you want to load firewood or big rounds with the crane. Lots of dust on the cab too. I have never used a chip truck with half lid.

Would it be easier to remove the roof and build your sides taller? Seems as though fabricating the roof would be the hard part?

So i have to modify my removable roof section on my chip box to fit a mini loader in the back. The new machines controls are higher, and i also had plans on rebuilding anyways, as the chipper needs an extra three inches taller to click into the top notch on the deflector.

Does anyone have a half roof? Im worried about messing up around the back of the truck, and of course getting dust on the cab. :lol:

When I first started out with a dump trailer/chip box it was a half box. It's easier to load wood with a half box but you loose some chip capacity and you can make a mess easier with the chipper.

Do you need a ceiling measurement, B, or is it obsolete with the new control height. My chip truck is out on a job, coming back today. The specs online say 54" height. I have an eye-balled inch to spare. Possibly 56". The forward loading of the machine with grapple keeps it operating at that 54" spec, as it tips forward while the high part of the machine is outside the box. I think you've picked this up, already from PMs, but just being thorough.

Back