Chainsaw Dawgs! (Falling Spikes)

Here's a question on felling spikes the other way. I have an 088 that I mostly use for milling. I removed the stock dawgs to make room for milling length. Is there any low profile spikes for the 088, for the odd time I will cut?

Are you using the ones you took off for a different saw?
Probably easy to make those smaller if you can’t find new low profile ones.

No, I didn't take the dawgs off my second 088, yet. I guess I'm after a pic, so I can make my own or cut down the stock spikes.

As long as it isn't every days, maybe just screw back the stock ones when you need them. It shouldn't take more time than mounting the milling gear on the bar. That's just four screws and a plastic tab to deal with. Even just a pair if you feel lazy this day :D

Maybe the 084 short dawgs will work for ya. I had short and big dawgs on those. Their pretty dang small IMO.

s084sd166s.jpg

Small dawg on the inner. There is a matching outer. But cant find them in any of my old pics.

Least you can see somewhat for size.

s084stock.jpg

Thanks for the pics.
May be I'll make a low profile one on the saw and have a spare cover with no spike on it for milling.

Most saws need spike or something to prevent damages. Especially husqvarnas, they bang mufflers left and right.
It is a lot of good to have them from many aspects. Would have saved a lot of crankcase damage if more used it. Make them breathe easier too with some distance to log.
There are flat bumpers too if spikes are unwanted.

I always like it on felling saws.

Back