Cellphone Queshun

Same here, Gigi. But try buying a decent phone that isn't set up with a camera and internet access and all that other crap.

It took me 3 tries over 6 months to get the text messaging disabled on my line. I kept getting spam texts and then I got charged for them!

The phone camera can be very useful at times. I always have my phone, but my digital camera, about half the time. I have found internet access very useful as well, just to access the phone book or other info when needed on the job as well as for email. Text messaging can be helpful when you are in a meeting and can't talk on the phone but your family or someone else has something important to ask or tell you.

I have unlimited internet access and email for $19.95 a month, well worth it to me. Keeps me from getting bored when waiting for the wife or at places like the DMV and other government offices or at the doctor/dentist etc. I have 4 phones on my family account, me, wife and 2 teenage daughters. Texting is a big thing with teenagers and we have an unlimited text family plan for $29.95.

MB, it might just be starting from the last page visited? My phone does that so I always go back to my homepage (small, basic page that doesnt eat up my data transfer budget) before I log out of the internet on the phone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well one stupid thing I discovered is my caller ID for my phonebook won't display the name unless I enter the 1 + area code along with the number.

WTF?

Make sure you have a data plan before you go jumping on the internet, or they'll be charging you astronomical rates. I learned that one the hard way.

On mine I push the * and it gives me a choice of symbols #8 = . My phone is a LG.

Please don't elect me for moderator on the "Phone Thread". Im still trying to deal with the oil slick...Rick

Odd thing, though... it's been turning on all by itself and saying "failed" with a flashing blue "i" icon. WTH is THAT all about? No sound, it just lights up for a bit then goes out.

It's done it three times in the last 20 minutes, like somebody's trying to call me or some shit. But the ringtone doesn't go off, and nobody's on the line.

Damn! What is it??? :?

sorry Boss, no idear. I make full use of the personalized ringer and pics for incoming calls.

I think it was someone calling me, then hanging up.

It's kinda silly, like Brian was saying... I only need 10 or 20% of all these functions that are offered.

The picture thing is waycool, though!

Back