Cedar Deodora with mushrooms.

So Steve,

I suppose if you remove it, you can give an autopsy.

cool, I would like to see it dissected, I dont get to kill any trees of reasonable stature, I would check in to doing the research myself.
edit: When I found this pic I got heated, I thought it was mine from a talk I attended a few years ago, I looked at my pics from then and it must be someone that was there at the same time, not my pic. :)

Philosophy1-Dr-Alex-Shigo.jpg

My pic(s)

HA! small world, the picture taker must have been just to the starboard of the guy in purple taking the picture in my second shot, looks like they were taken moments apart. weird.

Attachments

• P1010077.JPG
    P1010077.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 2
  • P1010078.JPG
    P1010078.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 3
Whenever I convince a person not to summarily cut a tree down, In my mind I call it 'deferred gratification'. Usually I have a customer that is very loyal to me over the long term.

My experience here too.. I really think it applies to where we live too... You know .. Location, location... People move here (where I live) to live with the trees for the most part and like the feel of the woods.. If they can be assured in some way that a certain tree need not be taken down, they love it and will be very loyal indeed. The other kind of loyalty comes from not only saving a tree but by making a call on a tree that comes true sooner than later. You express a caring concern over something you have seen and make a suggestion or advise the HO on what you see ... goes a long way when a tree fails as you called it.. Especially when you trimmed it to remove the hazard from the house just in case ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So Steve,

You get the job?

You gonna do some explorations?
I suppose if you remove it, you can give an autopsy.

I didn't have an evaluation to do on this tree. I was working next door and my pickup and trailer was parked in front of that house and I saw the mushrooms. I posed this to you's guys in case I was called to evaluate it and to increase my knowledge in general. The tree has a healthy color so I was assuming that if it had lost a couple of roots it still has enough to hold itself up.

Back