Carpenter Bee's

sawinredneck

Treehouser
Seems I have a new friend that wants to move in to my front porch. I was outside with the boy and here he comes, trying to burrow into my sofit. I nocied he's been at it a while already.
I'd really rather he not be there, it's not a good place for him, or us. I didn't have any wasp and hornet spray. I did find some "Gunk" engine cleaner. I hosed him down and he flew off, but I am afraid he will be back.
Any suggestions for a good deterent, or am I better off killing him, and with what?

You prob. gave him such a headache from that Gunk, he will never be back.
His friends might be back tho.

Hard to get rid of and very damaging to your house. Find the holes and squirt some hornet spray in there. Keep at it. cheaper than re-building your trim

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He hdn't made it in yet, he was still trying to make the first hole.
Haven't seen them around here before, usually a bumble bee or two, but not these critters.

.410 wont work in the city limits though:lol:

He hdn't made it in yet, he was still trying to make the first hole.
Haven't seen them around here before, usually a bumble bee or two, but not these critters.

.410 wont work in the city limits though:lol:

Sure it will Andy...open the breech, slide in the shells, close the breech, slip the safety off, point at the bee, pull the trigger. Easy peasy, bet you a dollar that gun will work. It don't know where the city limit sign is. :P

I suppose if you wanted really sporty you could use an airsoft and just wail away until you pop him.

The little buggers are smart. Once you approach them they seen to watch you and stay away. Ya gotta sneak up on them.

Gunk seems like it would work, I know it works on me whenever I sprayed myself with it.

We have some carpenter bees around here and I like them. Not if they were drilling on my house though. They live across the street where there is a 10 acre abandonded peach orchard that is nature's half acre times twenty. They come to our house everyday just before dark and visit any flowers that we have.

Those SOB's can cut the nicest 3/8" hole in the shortest amount of time .

Between those damned things and the downy woodpeckers my poor old house was starting to look like Swiss cheese.

The house is brick but it has flitch cut cedar on the eaves .I repainted it about 2-3 years ago with Sherwin Williams oil based stain and I haven't seen hide nor hair of either bee nor peckerwood since . The stuff must taste nasty or something .

bee-minton is fun. I play everyday....by the end of the summer they are mostly gone. It's GREEN too, no chemi:lol:

Back