CAMO

• Thread starter TGCIII
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2K
T

TGCIII

anyone got ideas on how to camo a truck? is it just me or is flat paint that hard to find? mine has went all the way from the color u see in the bed to today's "brainstorm" of a color scheme. oh well i've had the truck 16 years now and its never been anything but camo. it need to be sandblasted due to some rust problems. damn i didnt think it was going to take an act of congress just to find flat paint not to mention now i got to do it. its a chore. suggestions anyone?????:?

We did a boat last year by putting down a base color and then using actual reeds we took from a pond as a stencil, it was a duck boat. Maybe you could do the same thing with branches? Good luck

I've always used rattle cans. Wal mart in the sporting goods section.
Try ORiely's with a paint mixer in house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its a 1979 dodge military truck, full time 4 wheel drive, and its been going where ever with me since 1992 so i trying to hide from the bents and rust. i decided last week new floor pans were in order as i've never been a fan of fred flintstone's method beating the gas issues. that was great fun. the years of abuse and just plain neglect have taken their toll and i dont think i can replace the truck at any price nor the all memorys that go with it, so im giving a little back. very little as u see from the paint.:D

thats krylon all the way brother

i guess thats not excactly true as i got the krylon camo cans from walwart and "rednecked" it into a airbrush. u know small hole in can to release the propellant first. sprays so much better than the can. no pun intented there, sawinredneck. i might be a little red around the edges myself. thanks for ur input

Just got home from WallyWorld....no large cans of Gel Stain, but they did have a nice selection of 'camo-colors' in extra flat spray paint. The cans specifies a few different color schemes with suggestions of colors to mix.

maybe i'll give'em another try soon, i think i should stick to cuttin dead trees, huh? much obliged for ur input.

finished product. got done what needed to be done. sandblasted all the rust off, topside as well the underside and put a little paint on it to keep the rust down. got pulled over on the maiden voyage.? cop just wanted the # of the painter!!!!!!!! i'm gonna cut a couple trees for him. thanks for all ur input. and she aint even in the same class as the truck but deserves to be seen by all, nevertheless. thanks

T

The paint job on the truck looks cool, might wanna park it indoors till the fall colored leaves disapear ;)

sorry mb its just...... never mind sorry

she just dont work that great with that red maple? just too dark? anyway i'm pleased with the truck. thanks to all :P

class is something that cant be bought and M.B. even when i show none, u still got ur's and thanks for being M.B.

perfectly clear! ur doing a good thing here.

much obliged to all that input. it is what it is, right? flat paint covers everything. 2008 silverado all options and flat paint!!!! im all over it. best thing since loaf bread. shine why??

better not post her latest "makeover". m.b. might not laugh this go around.

Back