Cal Barrel Road

gf beranek

Old Schooler
Terri and I also stopped in Prairie Creek Redwoods and Lost man Creek to find some trees worth shooting. We found just a few. It's just amazing what you can find if you get off the trail and beat your way through the brush.

Attachments

• cal barrel 1.jpg
    cal barrel 1.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 92
  • cal barrel 2.jpg
    cal barrel 2.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 94
  • cal barrel 3.jpg
    cal barrel 3.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 94
  • cal barrel 4.jpg
    cal barrel 4.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 94
  • cal barrel 5 h.jpg
    cal barrel 5 h.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 92
  • lost man 1.jpg
    lost man 1.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 92
Terri is lucky to be able to walk the woods with you or maybe its the other way around, I dunno but you sure get to see some cool trees together!
:)

And I have the lathe to turn it, so just ship it here, when you've cut it!

I'm kinda glad we don't. I'm not good enough or man enough to work on trees like that. About 4' dbh and 100'-120' tall is big enough for me.

Jerry, you keep poking at that little nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to get out there and climb one of those beautiful trees before I get too old or too fat. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a couple of trees that are fun and easy that I take friends from out of town to.

The ones in the photos on this page are not beyond climbing, but I'm not up to them anymore. Least not for the full monty. Pre setting the ropes and lead climbing. It's just too much work anymore. But there are the big easy ones close to home. The giant spruce and the Goose Ridge tree.

Terri is lucky to be able to walk the woods with you or maybe its the other way around, I dunno but you sure get to see some cool trees together!
:)

I think I'm lucky also, Paul, to be able to walk the woods with Jerry. I've learned an incredible amount about redwoods from him. And have seen the most beautiful trees!

Amazing pics in both threads. My two boys couldn't believe the scale of the trees.

Willie, Yes you should do that. I wanted to use my big saw yesterday (Nothing so grand as yours, just an old Homie super 650 with a 42" bar) It had been almost a year and she was obstinate and wouldn't run for me.

Guess where we went for vacation this year -

Attachments

• Redwoods 087 (Medium).jpg
    Redwoods 087 (Medium).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 4
Jerry, you keep poking at that little nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to get out there and climb one of those beautiful trees before I get too old or too fat. :)

Brian, check with Frans and see if the California Arborist Association is doing the "Climb the Giants" this year. I did not see it on their website, but I think they do it every year. We almost made it one year.

Back