Burnham's Gaff Guards

It's funny you should post this Butch - right after you and I spoke the next guy I talked to was looking for gaff gaurds that he could use while walking around on the ground with his spurs on. Said he was tired of ruining his points every day! :lol: I'm anxious to see if these will work for that.

Here's a pic or two...not the best, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• gaffcover1.JPG
    gaffcover1.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 12
  • gaffcover2.JPG
    gaffcover2.JPG
    616.3 KB · Views: 11
It's funny you should post this Butch - right after you and I spoke the next guy I talked to was looking for gaff gaurds that he could use while walking around on the ground with his spurs on. Said he was tired of ruining his points every day! :lol: I'm anxious to see if these will work for that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you're walking around with your gaffs on you are cruisin' for a bruisin', or alot worse. That is a fool's errand.

Here's one more pic, how I keep 'em secured on the gaffs.

Attachments

• spurscovers.jpg
    spurscovers.jpg
    814.2 KB · Views: 11
3/8" fuel line stuffed onto the points works well too.

I've been posting pics of those guards on the web once in a while since 2000. The design came out of the USFS climbing program back in the 1970's, but I don't know who actually came up with it.

Not mine to patent, and I'd rather share it with my climbing buddies anyway.

I've been using that style gaff guard since I saw Burnham first post a photo of it several years ago. I need to find some old scrap hose and make a new set. I made my first set out of some old hose that was pretty crusty and they died already.

Back