Buckingham Ergovation Rigging plates and bridge ring

Raj

TreeHouser
I've recently purchased a replacement Ergovation bridge assembly. I was wondering if the rigging plate and bridge ring look familiar to anyone (manufaturer) , the parts have no markings on them. In the picture I have an small ISC ring (left) for comparison. The Buckingham supplied ring is larger 28mm ID 58MM OD and is wide, 14.22mm or 9/16 inch. My quick searches have yield nothing, and it appears Buckingham is hush on the supplier. I'm just curios, I have no issue with strength or quality.

IMG3395.jpg

Ya Sure Raj... That's the stuff. A tiny crack appeared in my ring after about a year and a half of use. That's the exact one that they sent me as a replacement.

My buddy and I got in early one day, and we were curious to see if we could break my ring where it was cracked. :|:

We put it in the vice on my chipper and took turns just reefing on it with the butt of my four pound fallers axe. Man, we could hardly even deform that thing... the crack got no bigger at all. All we could do was barely flatten out the surface of the top a little bit.

Yeah, John gave me endless persiflage over it, but I had to cave in to the new school. You darned kids these days...

All rings should be marked/batch ##s so incase of recall and who made it...

Raj I believe that Buckingham uses ISC for the metal components. I know on the empire it says ISC plates are used

Same ring on the ergo lite too, no markings at all. I wonder why it isn't marked. Maybe just considered part of the saddle like the dees or webbing straps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As a side note, the only answer from Buckingham (through Luke) is that both components are tested to 5000lbs and the rings are way more than 5000lbs.

No mention of source.

The ring is a nice hefty size, bigger than the ISC, I wouldn't mind having a set of small and large rings for some projects.

When the bad rings went around, I spoke to someone at Buckingham. He said they made their own, in-house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Makes sense. Perhaps the dimensions are the identifying mark. All other rings I've found are around the 12mm thickness, the Buckingham ring is 14.22, or 9/16", and it's about 2mm bigger in the OD.

It looks the same as their friction saver rings? I tried sourcing some of them for splicing projects a decade ago. They laughed at me saying "we make them our selves and we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot if we sold them to you!"

---------
Like this

Back