Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Arial lift of connecticut

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Hi-ranger

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • other

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
I voted other. I would buy another Spider lift before I would buy another bucket. Our 2 other buckets are used very little since buying the Spider.

My second choice would be a rear mount bucket, Areial Lift of CT. We always have 2 trucks on site. The box truck with the Spider and the grab truck for hauling the brush and logs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the buckets ive run in the past, one was a holan lift. It was a used elec company truck (like squirrel has). It was only a 42' so it was too short on some things, but it would fit in a back yard like no ones business. They also had a twoman rearmounted altec. very limited range and would not go over center. on ocasion, it was a good truck but the non-overcenter sucked.

Well, after shopping, getting shut down by the mrs, then rekindling the opportunity, I finally bought a truck.

Its a 99 International 4700. 57' hi-ranger. overcenter x2. 12' chip box and more tool boxes than a mechanic.

Got it from Schmidy's in Clinton Il. They drove it down yesterday and dropped it off this morning.

Its so bright and shinny it may sit for a few days....Id hate to scratch a new truck on the first day.

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 77
Congrats on the new truck, that's a fine looking setup! :thumbup:

It looks nearly identical to my 2000 International, except I've got the AL 60/50 lift. International is a darn good chassis. Does it have air brakes?

Plywood? Makes it a bitch if you pull up too far at a stop light.. also not the easiest to see overhead wires that might be hanging too low.

Overcenter booms are the only way to go. Just last week I was working on a maple, removing a big lead that was hanging over the wires. I would have had to climb it and chunk the rest of it down if I didn't have an overcenter boom. Sure can get them in some tight spots at times.

The headache rack is almost solid. just the last 3-4' is open w/ expanded metal.

I dont know what motor/tranny it has. Ill look around, i know i have the info.

The brakes are hydralic. It is over cdl tho (which i have).

I took it for a short fly this morning when it showed up. Kinda shaky...its been 3+ yrs since i was in a bucket last.

They also gave me a new harness for it. However,I have a petzl navaho v2 bod on the way.

I didn't vote but I have spent hours flying a hi-ranger doing linework .Old school perhaps like about every other thing I do but I'm just more comfortable with them .

I fiddled with that All tec that Tom had for a short time . I could manuver it ok with the joy stick but it just wasn't the same .Nice truck if it didn't have a fiber optic boom and electronic controller . The closest repair facility for that thing was Baltimore if it went awry ,which it did .Which is why he no longer owns it .

Congrats on your new truck. Sure looks nice.

Does this Schmidy's in Clinton, Ill. have a website?? I have heard of them.

I'm going to guess it's got the DT466E motor. Good mill, reliable in my experience.

Whoa, I like this. She's a 'lil short, but I like that 4 wheel drive! :beer:

1305-0-3.png

I'd do something about those exposed lines.

Heck ya master, chromies...Im thinkin of upgrading tho..how bout some spinners!!

Actually, they are attachments to the rims. 'the tool to take off the hubs is under the seat' according to the driver.

NE, yea, thats the motor.

Thanks Brian, that page is in my favorites as I am also shopping for a new to me truck.

I tried to search this on my own. Put in the same keywords but it didn't come up for me for some reason.

Schmidy's is a nice place. I have been shopping for a new bucket for over a year. I went down to Schmidy's and walked around, didn't find anything at the time, but I still check the site regularly.

The Mat 70 is pimp. I called Mat-3 and they really let me down with the customer service though. The guy that picked up the phone was in a shitty mood or something. Maybe just having a bad day, but it was like pulling teeth for just trying to get some information.

Back