Branch Manager Grapple and broom.

maggies dad

TreeHouser
So I have been working this huge job,( 4 weeks worth 8hrs a day 6days a week). I finally pulled the trigger a bought a BMG grapple and broom. This thing is amazing !!! I have never moved wood so fast in my life! And the broom cuts my clean up time to nothing! I used the grapple to move the cut trees all together out of the woods, and then pull up with the grapple trailer and pick it all up and haul it off! I knew that the grapple was good, but I had no ideal it is this good. I had some reservations about buying the broom, even after seeing the video I wasnt sure it would work very good on dead Oak limbs, but I was wrong! The broom works great on anything. Limbs, dirt,leaves,grass- I even use it to push the edges of the burn pile up.
If you own a mini or any loader that a BMG will fit and You dont own one, you are working way to hard, and wasting money on labor. If any of yall are down around north Texas,(Fort Worth area) and you want to see it work and try it, send me a PM. You will buy one if you try it, It's that good!
Jeff

Nice! I'd like to see a vid of the broom in action.

Wow, that was quick, thanks for the link, the broom looked good in that vid.

Arborworks1, tell us about your experience with the broom.

I feel we can take trees down pretty quickly and get them cleaned up too, EXCEPT for the raking.

The rake will definetly move mountains of material quick. Still requires some handraking and blowing. If the grass is long it will not be very effective first pass!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, there is still some hand raking required, but nowhere near what you would have to do if you did it all by hand.

Congrats on your purchase!

The rake works well on finished lawns, tall grass sucks.

FWIW, I'm a dealer rep for Dave/Top Notch Equipment/Branch Manager Attachments, and I give a forum discount.

How much does it weigh?

I have a receiver hitch on the "floor" of my industrial grapple bucket, could it plug into that?

Yeah no problem. I think they all come with the grapple quick grab now. But something could be fabbed up pretty easy.

Weighs 120ish

I'm thinking I will never get to enjoy having one of those. It is just WAY to hilly here. Too hilly and people all have tiny yards. I think most of our yards two guys can hand rake faster than it'd take you to unload the machine!

Back