BOOM!...well almost

No_Bivy

Treehouser
As you all know, I have wanted to "blow" a tree up. This tree is broken off 40' up and laying in another. No crane, no bucket access. In fact you would have to crawl through rhododenron to cut it. It's near cabins at a summer camp, so it has to be dealt with. I was thinking blast out the base and let it fall....well I tried but it did not work......sa la vie.

Black powder charges....8 of em'. Wired together, with electric matches. Notched in the direction to fall. I need more fire power.........cracked it though.

That's cool but if you can notch it in the direction of fall why can't you just back cut it? Too dangerous with the top caught up?

Heh you couldn't bore out the backcut a bit and just set the explosives in the last bit of trigger holding wood? To risky?

Just thinking out loud here that's frigging quite the thing to try man I haven't even pondered something like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's cool but if you can notch it in the direction of fall why can't you just back cut it? Too dangerous with the top caught up?

yeh shat is over head with no where to run...perfect excuse to blow it up:D

Heh you couldn't bore out the backcut a bit and just set the explosives in the last bit of trigger holding wood? To risky?

Just thinking out loud here that's frigging quite the thing to try man I haven't even pondered something like that.

that was my thought.....not enough moho though. Dynamite would have done it I bet....Carl?

One thing you over looked...black powder burns slow & MUST be under pressure if you want it to explode!!! :combustion:

Oh & its not the size of the charge ...its how tight its wrapped!;)

HC

One thing you over looked...black powder burns slow & MUST be under pressure if you want it to explode!!! :combustion:

Oh & its not the size of the charge ...its how tight its wrapped!;)

HC

I know...I packed the shat outta it......I will try again:/: Next time.......MO BIGGA!:O

Shaped charges, like in building demo. Wonder how hard it would be to get hold of.
Should cut it right in half. Might need a little more prep to keep contained.

I was hoping for that.........I bet it's hard to get a hold of. Went with the red-neck shape charge...

Mentos and pepsi should do the trick.

John, what do you want the tree to do exactly?

No- sorry. Used some when I went to Ft Benning years ago for a demo school- worked great on the trees they let us blow for clearing a helo landing area.:D

How often do you have the chance to blow a tree up....

carpe diem....probably my last oppurtunity.

Back