Bixler Treework Climbing & Cutting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I almost forgot about this job we did a while back, here's a three minute vid...
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Uin6iGihEtk?list=UUxJ7nKZKesLKLcTKjK8A8Jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks fellas, correction Paul, I don't own a chipper... we work with them all the time. I either rent one, or use a friends. One day I'll make it big... you'll see.;)

Yeah Jay, Steve has a great touch. He is a golfer too.. I played with him a couple weeks back, the guy shoots a 76 like it's nothing. Very talented and fun to do crane work with. Do you know Steve? or just from the videos?

Thanks Jamin.

Why not crane out the trunk with limbs attached, instead of stripping it first?

Because, sometimes, it easier that way. Strip it out, then bring in the crane.

Attachments

• dead pine 015.jpg
    dead pine 015.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 86
  • dead pine 018.jpg
    dead pine 018.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 85
  • dead pine 043_edited.jpg
    dead pine 043_edited.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 85
Classy looking residence, Butch, like that little veranda for drinking a brew. Louisiana must have some beautiful places.

Why not crane out the trunk with limbs attached, instead of stripping it first?

We were only good for around 1200 lbs, best bet was to spend a couple hours to bone out the tree and let the crane do the heavy lifting.

It was a lawyer's home, Jay. Most of us regular folk don't live like that.
:)

Here's a quick vid of some dead Ponderosa Pine Trees we had to take down.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bsZjGFuu5BQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good to see the bark not falling off yet.. :lol:
God the way a dang pondo will dry up and get brittle so dang quick. Critters sure can help it along too...
Some nice shots Brian.

Back