Bixler Treework Climbing & Cutting

Here it is

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zQ2bKDzwpdo?list=UUxJ7nKZKesLKLcTKjK8A8Jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great vid. I like the nicely rigged and balanced TD cuts, they show your crane background.

At 8.35, why did you cut thru that thick part instead of a little higher?

I presume the crane couldn't reach the parts you took down my hand? Pita!!

Nice job. I did a declining Chinese elm last year that poured like that. Just like turning a faucet on. Loaded the truck and let it sit for a few hours while we did a couple other small removals and I swear it lost 1000 lbs of moisture in that time.
Was that a couple day job? Seems like they pull a ton of water from the ground after being cut hard and left overnight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Mistahbenn. Thanks everyone.

This latest vid was inspired by my dearest friend Merle Nelson. Thanks Merle!

Also, huge thanks to BOTS and the entire crew for working so hard all the time!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2pTI0VkZMBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That vid turned out great Bix, those pondos were big ones fo sho!!..fun day in the Sierra's ;)

Sean, I wondered the same thing. Yep Merle, the top was still on the crane at that point. All I could figure is they did it for production/efficiency - and, maybe like MB says, cuz they could

Maybe it was faster than winching the tree onto the feed table, then having to re-set the winch to get it into the feed roller? I'm not sure. Good question Sean, thanks for watching.

I was there...it was way faster to pick up top (plenty of groundies) than re-set rope/winch to winch in...the crane was moving fast that day...we-git-R-done...another piece on its way...send crane home as soon as you can$$...we killed it that day like a racing pit crew ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RBrrXiVr-cw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back